Sunday, May 5, 2013

15

On April 10, Josh and I celebrated our 15th anniversary. We really celebrated in style a month ago when we went to Vegas alone together, but we did something special to honor the actual anniversary date, too. Josh had a sweet edible bouquet delivered to me at school, and I took him out to a restaurant for a dinner date that night.

When Josh and I were dating, I created a list of 60+ things I wanted in a husband, to help me know if he matched the criteria and was the right man for me. He had all but a few of the items I desired (for example, he didn't have red hair, or owned a Jeep Wrangler, or had a college degree). Here are 15 items from my list of Husband Criteria that affirmed why I knew I wanted to marry Josh after I fell in love with him all those years ago...
(photo taken in February 1998, the weekend we got engaged)
 
1. is a member of the LDS church
2. is worthy to take me to the temple
3. obeys God's commandments
4. sets good example
5. loves children
6. knows where he's going in life
7. very caring & concerned about others
8. treats people fairly
9. gets along with his family & treats them with courtesy
10. is gentle & kind
11. loves & respects me
12. is easy to talk to
13. has a sense of humor
14. is responsible
15. is romantic
 

About 10 years after we were married, I created a new list that's called "100+ Things I love about Josh". We were having a difficult time in our marriage at the time, and I wanted to remind myself of all the things I did love about him, to remind myself of why I made that decision of choosing to marry him. Here's 15 items from that list:
(photo taken in March 2013 after his cousin's wedding)

1. He's my best friend.
2. His sexy voice.
3. His masculine, calloused hands.
4. He's punctual.
5. He forgives easily.
6. He's a hard worker.
7. He's easy to get along with.
8. He's a good cook.
9. He's an outdoors-y person.
10. He pays the bills.
11. He holds my hand in public.
12. He's strong.
13. He freely lets me go out with my friends.
14. He cuddles with me at night.
15. He's a good husband.

He is still everything I wanted in a husband, and he is still everything that I need in a companion. I love this man so much, and I continue to become more in love with him as time goes on. I am one lucky lady to spend my life and eternity with this incredible man of mine!

No comments: