Monday, April 1, 2013

Liebster Blog

I received the Liebster Blog Award!
 
Definition: Liebster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
 

So, here's the RULES for the Liebster blog award:

1. Link back to the person who awarded it to you. 

2. Post the award to your blog...(you can steal the button from above)

3. List 11 random facts that people don't know about you.

4. Answer 11 questions provided for you by the person who nominated you.

5. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.

6. Ask 11 new questions for the 5 bloggers that you've just nominated to answer.

7. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know that they've been offered this award.
 

My awesome friend Eve from allaboutevey nominated me. Thanks, Eve! I've known Eve since high school; we were in theater together. She was one year my senior in school, and I looked up to her so much! She is extremely talented, and I was so excited when I saw her appear in movies years later! I got to catch up with her in person last year after watching a fantastic play in SLC that she directed, and I still look up to her for her skills and I'm jealous that she is still involved in theater!

 I remember doing this same thing last year in March except it was called the #11 tag.    THIS is the 11 TAG from last year--where I stated 11 random facts about myself, answered 11 questions, and posed 11 new questions to those who I tagged. I looked up other blogs online that have recieved the Liebster Award, and some of them didn't incorporate 11 facts or 11 questions in their award blog post at all, and some of them just had 5 facts and no questions, so I'm going to change up a little bit what's been requested of me with this Liebster because I don't want to do the exact same thing again. I'm going to answer Eve's 11 questions, but then I'm only going to put out 5 questions for the new nominees, and I'm only going to say 5 random things about me. (If you want to read more random things about me, just click on the link to last year's #11 tag)

5 RANDOM things about me:

1. I'm attracted to bald men. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, because I don't remember finding bald men attractive when I was younger. But I also don't think the bald look appeals to every man, either. I think that Josh is a very handsome man with thick, luscious locks.

2. I don't like dancing to fast songs. I feel awkward, and I know that I must look awkward doing fast moves on the dance floor--my body jiggles and wiggles and moves in all the wrong places.

3. I've always wished that I had talent in art. I can't even draw stick figures.  My elementary students tease me for how terrible I draw when I try to create pictures on the board during music lessons. I'm truly that bad.

4. I cannot turn away a half-done puzzle. I like seeing a project finished, and if I'm at a house with a puzzle being put together, it's impossible for me to NOT start picking up pieces and putting it together.

5. Symmetry is my friend. Everything I create--whether a set for a school play, or a wall of pictures in our home, or a flower garden--has to be symmetrical. I like everything to appear exactly straight and balanced.

11 Questions from Eve:
1. If you could change your name for a day--what would you change it to and why?
I would change my name to Kala. My real name is Michaela--it's hard for people to pronounce and spell, and it feels weird when people call me that. I like the name Kala. I feel like Kala is more simple and it suits me.

2. If you were Oprah Winfrey--what awesome gift would you bestow on everyone you know?
Well, if I was Oprah, instead of gifting my entire audience lavish gifts, I would spend the money on a new K-8 school building in Salmon to bless all the children that live here.

3. If you could live anywhere for 3 months--all expenses paid--where would you live?
This is a no-brainer for me: Scotland. I wish it could happen that Josh and I could seasonally live there every year! 3 months sounds like the perfect amount of time!

4. What is the bravest thing you've ever done?
Most of the brave things that I've done are actually borderline stupidity...but one that wasn't stupid, and was one of the biggest decisions of my life, was the choice I had to make to deliver my twins at 31 weeks gestation. The Dr. had wanted me to do it at least a week earlier, but I held out, wanting my babies to grow stronger before delivering them. I regretted that I didn't hold out even longer, but Micah was slowly dying inside of me due to his umbilical cord that was knotted with Jonah's, and the blood supply to his heart was blocked causing harmful effects. I never would've forgiven myself if he'd died inside of me because I wanted to wait longer for their birth. But for months after delivering them, I blamed myself for all the problems they were experiencing. I knew that if I'd kept them incubated in my womb longer that they would've had a better start at life. It was a tough decision, that I finally felt confident about five years after they were born.

5. What song would describe your life this past year?
"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend"

6. What is your greatest strength?
My organizational abilities

7. What three values best define you?
Honesty, Passion, Hope

8. What was the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
The last movie I saw in the theater was "Safe Haven", and I loved the inspirational modern-day love story. The last movie I saw on TV was "Pride and Prejudice" and I enjoyed the classic love story. I cried while watching both.

9. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
I've always loved Winnie the Pooh and his buddies Tigger, Piglet, Eyeore, and Rabbit. I like how each personality of the animals is so different, and yet they are all friends. I often consider myself like each of these characters at different points of my life, and I can relate to all of them. Sometimes I think about which of these characters that my friends are most like, and how even though we are so different, that we are able to get along with one another. 

10. What living person inspires you today?
Dieter Uchtdorf

11. If you as your adult self could go back in time and have a conversation with your 11 year old self--what would you tell her?
At the age of 11, I was in the 6th grade. I loved 6th grade--I was so happy at finally being in the junior high, and being surrounded by a large and diverse group of teenagers, and I totally loved switching teachers and class subjects and classmates every hour. I wouldn't want to ruin her naive self by telling her anything about the future--7th & 8th grade were awful years and I wouldn't want her thinking ahead when she was so happy where she was currently at. I'd like to go talk to myself when I was a sophomore instead--after the crappy junior high years, before the final years of high school, during some life-changing times, and give myself some good advice (like: it's okay to kiss boys if you really like them, and: don't fret over what other classmates think of you because in a few years you'll never see them again)!  

I nominate these 5 bloggers for this award who's blogs I love following and reading:

1. ddporterfam Darcy has been my friend since my senior year in high school, and I like that she's still a regular blogger. She has a similar writing style to mine, and she loves taking lots of pictures of her family, so I feel so involved in their family's life as I read her blog posts. She is super crafty and always takes photos of her projects and I'm glad that I don't have to go on Pinterest to get good ideas, because she freely posts all of hers!

2. sunnysideupsidedown Holly is married to one of my long-time school friends Nate. Holly is a hilarious writer, and I enjoy her perspective and opinion. I've read her blog for a couple of years now, and even though we've never met in person, I feel like I know and love her! They have a super cute son, and they are currently living in Italy. I love seeing all the photos and reading about all the fun and exciting adventures they have!

3. happyhobbsfamily D'Neill was raised in Salmon, and went to school with Josh. When I met her several years ago, I felt an instant connection. She also has identical twin sons, so we had a lot to chat about. She is such an optimistic person, and I enjoy being around her and reading about her cute family.

4. leishmanclan Jackie is my younger sister's age, but she has been my friend since I was a young teenager. I sincerely love reading Jackie's blog; she is completely honest and sincere and is so compassionate and kind. She has 4 sons like me, and her heartfelt tales of their family's happenings make me laugh and cry.

5. family4us2008 Marsha is married to another of my high school classmates. I actually met her after following her blog for a while. I really like how she documents so accurately the raising of her 3 sons. I feel that her style is so beneficial as a journal, and I appreciate that she not only writes about her sons, but that she talks about herself and items that interest her. I have benefited from information that she has posted on her blog!

And here's my 5 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What's one word that describes the way you were raised?
2. What was one of your first memorable experiences you had after moving out of your parents' house? Why does it stand out to you?
3. How did your husband propose to you?
4. What do you like to do for yourself that brings you happiness and is separate from your marriage and family life? And when do you find time to do it?
5. What's one word that describes the way you raise your family now?

So, ladies that I've nominated...you can either use the rules I used for the Liebster Blog Award (with 11's), or the shortened version I'm passing along (with 5's). Either way, I 'm looking forward to reading all about you!

{shortened version of the Liebster:
1. Link back to the person who awarded it to you.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. List 5 random facts that people don't know about you.
4. Answer 5 questions provided for you by the person who nominated you.
5. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
6. Ask 5 new questions for the 5 bloggers that you've just nominated to answer.
7. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know that they've been offered this award.}

3 comments:

Eve said...

Thank you for posting this! I loved reading this. You are an amazing woman. I am so happy we're still friends after all these years.

D'Neill said...

Thanks for tagging me! You're so sweet. I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten about it, I promise I will do it when I have a second! ;)

Jackie said...

I was going to do this, but I just don't have time. Thanks so much for thinking of me though, you are so sweet!