Friday, March 1, 2013

Winter Top Ten

I've got spring fever! It's March 1st, and I'm ready for the snow to melt away. It was starting to, and then we got more snow yesterday, and I was thinking all day as the snow fell that the Groundhog shouldn't be left in charge anymore to forecast when spring comes. To welcome the spring, I'm thinking ahead to my Spring Top Ten...and posting the Winter's Top Ten list as a recap.

1. Chop Down & Decorate our Christmas Tree {DONE}
I couldn't go this year because I'd just had surgery on my knee, but Josh took some great photos so that I could still feel a part of it. They brought back the biggest tree yet, and I instantly fell in love with it! Josh has a great eye for beautiful things in the outdoors! The boys helped me decorate it this year with all red & gold decorations, and red lights. It was my favorite Christmas tree yet!

2. See Kanyon's Kindergarten Christmas Music Program {DONE}
The Program was called "Snowmen at Christmas", and Kanyon did a great job singing the songs! In fact, he still sings several of them quite frequently. He loved "Jingle Bells" and "Deck the Halls" the best because of the repetition of their lyrics.

3. Visit the Perkins Family over Christmas Break {DONE}
We had a short, but good, visit to Tremonton at the beginning of Christmas Break. We had a family get-together with dinner & games, we went to the movies, spent time with my parents, and saw a light show.

4. Make & Deliver Treats to Friends & Family {DONE}
This year I made 3 kinds of fudge: Pumpkin Nut, Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. I think I made about 10 batches total of fudge, which is a LOT of standing over the stove and stirring. But I received lots of compliments about them from our frieds & family, so I decided it was worth it!

5. Enjoy Christmas Morning at Home {DONE}
I loved staying home on Christmas morning with my family!!! It was very peaceful and wonderful.

6. Party with the Tolmans for New Year's {DONE}
We ate, played games, put together a puzzle, and competed in the radio's annual 60's music montage contest and WON again! It was an awesome New Year's Eve!

7. Go Sledding {DONE}
Sledding is my favorite snow activity...and since there was lots of snow this year, we were able to go quite often! I loved taking photos of everyone else since I couldn't go sledding yet due to healing from my knee surgery.

8. Celebrate Ammon's Birthday {DONE}

I can't believe I have an official teenager now! I will share more about his birthday in an upcoming blog post...

9. Have a Party for Kanyon's Birthday {DONE}
Kanyon turned 6, and he had his first friend birthday party. He had been looking forward to it for literally months! It was a lot of fun with an Angry Birds theme. More to come about this...

10. Watch Ammon's Basketball Games {DONE}
Between Jamboree and the 7th Grade Team, we watched Ammon compete in basketball games for 3 months. It was exciting for us to see his skills develop and to watch his team do so well against other school's teams.

No comments: