Monday, March 25, 2013

red hot hearts

Valentine's Day is a fun holiday for kids, and it is one of my favorite holidays that we celebrate while I'm working at school. The kids give all their little valentines gifts and cards and candies to their schoolmates, so all the studentsin the school feel so loved and so happy on Valentines Day!
 
Jonah and Micah made their own Valentines containers--we just got Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough containers (we buy that in bulk from Sam's Club, so they are bigger containers), spray painted them red, and cut a hole in the lids in the shape of hearts. Then Jonah and Micah put their names on their containers using stickers so that they would know who's container belonged to who.

Kanyon made his container at school with his Kindergarten class; they made giant red envelopes and put their own stickers on them to decorate them:

The 3 younger boys picked out their valentines and what candies they wanted to attach to the cards; Micah picked Whoppers, Jonah chose Sixlets, and Kanyon selected Pixie Stix. They all had to work on writing their names on the valentines, taping the candies to the cards, and folding the valentines shut. They were good little workers, and it was a happy project for them, because they definitely reap the rewards! They all came home with their containers full of valentines from their classmates! That's why I just love this holiday--it's so positive for the kids!

I also love this holiday because it's the day that Josh proposed to me, and every year I think about that major decision that's affected my life more than any other. Josh came to school this Valentines Day and surprised me with a Chai and a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates. I was delighted with the sweet little surprise! I love that man so much! Saying yes to him 15 years ago was the best thing I've ever done.

No comments: