Friday, February 15, 2013

"Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year"

We spent the entire Christmas day at our house. We were all by ourselves for Christmas morning, and I loved it. It was so quiet and calm and relaxing.
 
 
The boys didn't get up too early (around 7:00), and they waited (like good boys), for everyone to wake up before coming out to the tree together.

 
Santa gave them each something they wanted, something they needed, something they asked for, and stockings full of chocolate and bath soaps.
 

 

Josh and I both got stockings full of goodies from Santa, too. I got a new watch with a beautiful beaded band (love it!!!), some scratch tickets, socks, and lots of good chocolates.

Josh got scratch tickets, too. He also got lots of Reese's PB trees, some cheese curds & cheese rolls, and some Rihanna CD's.

After we opened up our stockings and saw what Santa brought us, we ate breakfast. I tried a sausage/egg/hashbrown casserole that my sister made last Easter. I let it cook slowly in the crock pot overnight. It wasn't as good as Tabbi's was, but I liked not having to worry about making food on Christmas morning. I had wanted to take Christmas morning slowly this year, especially since it was just us and we had no schedule to be somewhere at a certain time. After breakfast, we took turns opening up gifts one at a time.
 

 

It was so much fun! I loved Christmas this year! I felt like we didn't spoil the boys; we got them items that they needed, and they were grateful for their gifts. They enjoyed giving and receiving gifts from each other, too. We are definitely going to continue that new tradition of drawing names and having them choose their own gift for a brother. Before they started putting all their stuff away, I had them take a mandatory photo with their new goods...
 
 


 Then the boys got to playing with all their new games and toys, and spent the better part of the day doing that. Between the new board games, wii games, DS games, and tablets, they kept pretty busy!

 
 
We hosted Christmas dinner at our house, and Grandma & Grandpa T. and Uncle Tim & Barb came over and joined us for a bit. Then the boys opened the gifts from them. Grandma & Grandpa gave all the boys SD cards (for extra memory on the tablets) and colored cases to hold their tablets. They are so wonderful to have and keep their tablets safe!
 
Tim & Barb gave the boys these socks, which turned out to be a huge (and unexpected) hit!

I love having Christmas at my own home! I love watching the magic and excitement on Christmas morning on these boys' faces, and I treasure the memories of good days like this one spent together.

1 comment:

darcymae said...

Looks like you had a Merry Christmas!