Wednesday, January 23, 2013

baby, it's cold outside

It's been a very cold winter. For the past two weeks alone, our lows every day have been in the negative digits. Whenever I step outside, my nose innards freeze. I've got to admit that I hate that feeling. I'm so tired of the bitter cold! But, being so cold all the time has made me aware of many blessings, and I feel so grateful. 

So thankful for snow that covers the ground that glitters in the frozen air.
So thankful for frosty trees that make the area look like a magical winter wonderland. 
So thankful for a wood stove that provides heat for our house 
So thankful for a deck to store the wood so close to the door next to the wood stove.
So thankful for a husband who cuts and chops the wood and builds the fires.
So thankful for strong boys who carry the chopped wood from the wood pile to the deck.
So thankful for our home with good insulation, and no frozen water pipes (our old house had frozen pipes every winter and I don't miss that one bit).
So thankful for the cars that continue to start in the morning (only one has given us trouble).
So thankful that none of our kids have gotten the flu that's been going around this season.
So thankful for space in our home, so that we're not all cramped & piled on top of each other since we're spending a lot of time inside together.
So thankful that I have a warm coat that covers me (a true gift as it was leftover from a coat drive).
 So thankful for a bed that I love that keeps me warm and cozy at night so that I can sleep.
So thankful for jobs that provide for our necessities, including the electricity so that we are kept out of the dark.
So thankful for my health, and ability to keep my body warm. 

No comments: