Monday, December 24, 2012

11th day of Christmas

On the 11th day of Christmas: Seeing Santa

Every year, we go to the Library for their Books with Santa night.

Except...I sort of forgot to take the boys this year. It was planned for Thursday night, Dec. 20th. I was finally doing the Christmas cards, Josh had an Elders Quorum meeting, Ammon had basketball practice and a birthday party at a friend's house, the younger boys were all getting ready to leave to Utah the next morning, and I totally forgot about it.

The night at the library is the only event I take my kids to with Santa. A guest reader reads several books to the kids, a librarian sings songs with the kids, then Santa comes, and each child gets to sit on his lap and receive a small bag of treats. I love going to it! And I'm so grateful that it's free, too. I'm super bummed that I missed it--especially because I don't know how much longer Jonah and Micah will be willing to sit on Santa's lap (Ammon doesn't anymore). Sad face :(

So here's some photos from last year's Books with Santa night, instead.


No comments: