Monday, December 24, 2012

10th day of Christmas

On the 10th day of Christmas: Music Concerts

Every year, we always see one or more Christmas Music Programs. We go to the High School Christmas Concert, I am in charge of the Kindergarten Christmas Show, there's usually a program at our Ward Christmas Party, and sometimes we attend a community concert, too.

This year, we all saw Ammon participate in the High School Christmas Concert. He's now in the Savage {high school} band, and he gets to play with the pep band at sports events, and he also plays with them at their concerts. He plays the trumpet, and his band played 2 songs. The concert was fabulous! We enjoyed all the choirs and bands, and the Bell choir song was a nice addition this year.

My 5th grade students also joined this concert, for the first time. I've been teaching them how to play the recorder for the past 2 months. They played 3 songs on the recorders: Shoheen Sho (a Welsh lullaby), Jingle Bells, and Jolly Old St. Nick. Then my students all sang one song: Jingle Bell Rock. They all played jingle bells during parts of the song, and 2 students played the air guitar. It was awesome!

Kanyon was in the Kindergarten Christmas show this year. Jonah & Micah saw him during the school performance, and Grandma & Grandpa T. & Uncle Malachi came to watch him, too. Ammon & Josh came to see him during the parent performance. The Kindergarten Christmas show was titled "Snowmen at Christmas" this year. It was a 20 minute show that our superintendent Mr. Foote narrated, and the students sang 10 songs throughout the program. They did fabulous and I loved watching them! I also sang one solo part with a fiddler during the song "Deck the Halls".


I love Christmas music and public performances! I truly enjoyed watching my students, and my sons, participating in musical programs this Christmas season.

No comments: