Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall Family Fotos

On one Saturday at the end of September, we went up to the mountain and worked together on getting our last load of wood. The boys were such great help this year! It was a gorgeous day, and the smoke was gone and the sky was blue. I told Josh that day about my desire to have our annual fall family pictures taken that afternoon when we returned home. On the way back down the mountain, I was looking at all the beautiful trees with their changing colors, and I spotted a little meadow right next to the gravel road with a gathering of yellowed quaking aspens. It was the perfect backdrop. So I asked Josh if we could PLEASE come back (about 10 miles from our house) after we unloaded the wood to have our photos taken in that spot. When we got home, the boys helped him take the wood off the truck and pile it outside. While they did that, I worked on getting shirts out of everyone's closets that would coordinate with one another as well as complement the golden yellow of the trees. Then the boys came inside, we all changed our clothes, washed our faces & hands, and took off up the mountain again. By this time it was about 4:00, and I was anxious to get there before the sun went behind the mountain, which would bring dark shade to the meadow that had been illuminated earlier in the sunshine. I brought my tripod, some stools, and set my camera to the timer. After we arrived, it took us about 10 minutes to take photos in 5 different positions. Since I do this every year now, the boys are getting used to it. I barely even heard a complaint this year, even though nobody but me likes having family photos taken. I was SOOO grateful that Josh was willing to go back up the mountain after working up there all day getting wood (usually we just take photos somewhere around our yard, out of convenience). Because of his sweet example, the others didn't disagree with the decision! I was very happy with the results!
 
This first photo is all thanks to Josh. After the mini family photo shoot was over, I was packing up the equipment to leave, and Josh said "don't you want one of just the two of us?" Have I ever mentioned how much I love this man of mine?!!

My 4 boys are growing up so quickly. I sure love them! And I am glad that they look like each other. Jonah and Micah: identical twins, Kanyon and Ammon: 7-year-apart twins!

In the first family position, I had Josh sit on a stool so that our faces would all be closer together (since he's so much taller than us all), but it didn't look right...the spacing was off and Josh looked uncomfortable on the stool.

In the second family position, I liked the spacing between all the family members, but Micah had a tendency to keep putting his hands behind his back and sticking his belly out as long as he was standing and it looked awkward.
 
In the third position, I had us all sit/kneel. This was my favorite pose. I like how we are closer to the dry grass and everyone looks more comfortable. I also like how the boys' hands are all in different positions (on their own doing). Jonah--crossed hands, Ammon--hands straight down, Kanyon--hands clasped, Micah--hands [still] behind the back.

I love my family. Taking photos makes me happy. Capturing images of my family on my camera fills me with elated delight!

2 comments: