Monday, October 1, 2012

spoiled & special

Those are the two words that describe how I felt on my August birthday this year. Josh totally scored an "A" for making me feel so spoiled and so special.

He made mashed potatoes from our garden, cooked a ham, and served fresh cucumbers for dinner. It was a delicious meal!

My friend Gina brought me a mouth-watering chocolate cake and a sweet present, too: a new apron and bath soap. It was such a thoughtful gift, and the cake was a huge hit!

I turned 33 this year...so to keep the candles at a minimum, I used a singular Number 30 one, as well as 3 additional candles. I don't necessarily like this picture of me blowing out the candles...it's one of those photos where I ask myself "Do I REALLY look like that?!" with the chipmunk cheeks, and short arms, and stubby fingers... But the good news is, I did get the candles out with just one blow! ;)

Josh and the boys and my mom spoiled me with gifts. They were all absolutely perfect, and made me so happy that my family knows me so well!

Josh took me on a date that night to see the movie "Magic Mike". My friends Krissy, Kim, & Kerry joined us, and we had so much fun! But I will admit that the movie wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be.
 
The weekend following my birthday, Josh and I went floating down a section of the Salmon River in tubes with our friend Amanda and her husband Steve.

Happy Birthday to me! {again!}

After floating the river, we drove to North Fork and ate at the fabulous Josephine's restaurant for some absolutely incredible pizza. I can't believe we'd never been there before! It was worth the drive and I can't wait to go back!

The forest fire hadn't reached the Salmon River yet, so this picture behind the restaurant shows the mountain without the scarring that it has now.

After dinner, we came back to Salmon for an outdoor concert at the Sacajawea Center put on by the Chancellor's, a group from Boise that sings classic rock songs. They put on a great oldies concert!

It was a great atmosphere, and the air was filled with great music, laughter, and happiness!

I had such an enjoyable time at the concert; it was the perfect way to end the blissful day. When the group sang "Unchained Melody", Josh took me down to the bottom of the grass by the stage and danced with me in front of the crowds of onlookers. I felt like an adored queen; he made me one happy woman. I love dancing with that man of mine! As it got dark outside, more and more people got up and danced, and Josh & I ended the evening dancing the night away! Thank you Josh for making my birthday such a happy, memorable one!
 

No comments: