Tuesday, October 2, 2012

my hot {pink} greenskeeper

During the summertime, Friday nights to us mean Couples' Golf League. Josh and I went quite often this year, and I just loved it! Josh and I aren't the best golfers (especially not me), but we have so much fun as teammates golfing 9 holes together!
 
On our last night of Couples' Golf League in August, Josh wore his bright pink shirt and used matching bright pink golf balls! I admit that I love watching him golf. And I'm always blown away with how far the golf ball goes after he swings and hits it with his driver!

I absolutely LOVE this photo of Josh wearing his hot pink shirt, completed surrounded in lush green.

We used the 3-wheeled cart all season that Josh refurbished during the winter. It was such a good little cart, and I grew very fond of it! Just sitting in it made me feel happy!

The only time I ever golf is on Friday nights with Josh (which is the reason why I am so terrible at it--because I never practice). But driving around the course and golfing near sunset each Friday was so relaxing and soothing for me, despite my terrible scores!
 
I also loved looking at the course while golfing too; admiring Josh's handiwork. He's absolutely amazing at his job keeping the course looking good. His official title for the golf course is "Superintendent", but he calls himself the "Greenskeeper". The greens are always in such great shape, and everything he touches and maintains is green, so it's a fitting title for him! The golf course feels to me like a giant display of his green thumb talent for all to enjoy--like a beautiful canvas that he's created on display at an open art show. I'm so proud of him for the excellent work he consistently does for the Salmon Valley Golf Course.
 





No comments: