Monday, October 15, 2012

Heart and soul food

I LOVE fair food--especially the big-time fairs. I look forward to our own Lemhi County fair food each August, but there's only minimal food vendors there. So when we go to the Eastern Idaho State fair, I'm in hog heaven! I look forward to going to that fair each September, following Labor Day. It's held in Blackfoot, and some years we aren't able to go, but this year was NOT one of those years! I was so glad when it worked out for Josh and I to be able to go, and I was so excited and couldn't wait to eat the food there again!

Last year, we had smoothies that were to die for, so we got one again this year, trying a different flavor this time around:

We never go to the Blackfoot State Fair without having funnel cakes. This year, they had a new kind that we tried: Red Velvet. It was SOOO delicious! I love the Tortatoes so much, so I've gotten those for several years, too.

Also, another one of our favorites is the turkey leg. It's so huge, just one feeds both of us. It's mouth-watering goodness in every bite!

Josh and I tried two new items this year, too. We had the chocolate-covered bacon. It was surprisingly a good combination, but wasn't our favorite food of the night. We also consumed deep fried cheesecake bites, which were hot and warm, crispy and juicy and creamy. Mmmmmm...

Josh's dad gifted us tickets to see Heart in concert, and we sat next to him. We hadn't gone to see any concerts yet this year, so I was so happy to be able to go to one. I've always liked Heart, and was so grateful to Edward & Kathy for the awesome gift!

Surprisingly, after all these years, Heart is still going strong with new hits! The two sisters are still very excellent with their string instruments and their vocals. I was very impressed! It was a great concert, and the weather was awesome for the outdoor venue!




I enjoyed being alone with Josh on the long date. We had a good drive, were able to see Ammon run a XC race, eat some over-the-top good food, and enjoyed listening to a great concert. It was exactly what I needed to feel rejuvenated after a difficult start to the new school year.

1 comment:

darcymae said...

Cute picture of you and your hubby!