Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 2012 on FB

Sept. 2: My goal for this 4-day weekend: Make freezer corn. I did a batch of 50 ears of corn yesterday, I'm gonna do 50 more today, and if I do 50 more tomorrow, I'm calling it good for this year...

Sept. 4: I wish every work week was 3 days of school and 4 days off, instead of the 4 days of school and 3 days off!

Sept. 6: I feel so anti-everything right now. We've had indoor recesses for a week straight as a result of the smokey conditions, and it's really made me crabby and crazy!!! not a good combination!

Sept. 7: I have waited all week for today: watching Ammon's XC race in Idaho Falls, going shopping, eating food at the East Idaho State Fair, and watching Heart in concert tonight. And the best part is: I get to be alone with Josh for all of it!!!

Sept. 11: I'm wishing, hoping, and praying for rain. I can't stand all this smoke anymore! The indoor recesses are getting to me! And I feel so bad for all our friends are being evacuated from their homes. I hate all this fire and smoke!!!!

Sept. 13: A conversation today...
Kanyon: Do you know why the world is so big?
Josh: No, why?
Kanyon: Because it's 88 years old.
Me: How did you know that?
Kanyon: Because the space man told me.
Me: What Space man?
Kanyon: The one who wears white and visits me in my room. He tells me all about the earth.
Me: {speechless}

Sept. 14: After watching that hilarious skit on SNL a couple weeks ago, where they'd made a pretend commercial to celebrate Mothers Day and all the moms were reading "50 shades of Grey", I went and bought the book. If any of you have read it, did you find yourself googling on Wikipedia the term "submissive"?!!!

Sept. 21: homecoming parade today was so fun! There was no XC entry because the team left this morning for Boise. Ammon's first overnighter sports event! And we are missing it--the first one we've missed--because tomorrow is Jonah & Micah's birthday and their friend birthday party. Also, I'm SOOOO sad that there is no homecoming football game tonight due to the poor air quality from the fire's smoke. I have really missed attending high school football games this fall! We haven't been able to host any games here, and it doesn't feel like fall without it!

Sept. 22: happy day! 1st day of Autumn, Jonah & Micah's 9th birthday, Ammon's running at a XC meet in Boise, and I've decorated my house in pirate party stuff all day!!!

Sept. 23: so grateful for the wind this afternoon...because now I can see the mountains that are a mile from my home. Haven't seen them in a long time! I wish it was raining, though...

Sept. 24: Every day at dinner time, we all discuss the best parts of our day. 4 of 5 today said their favorite part of the day was outdoor recess!!! For the first time since the first week of school, all the recesses were outside today because the rain and wind cleared some smoke away. What a blessing!!!!

Sept. 25: in the 1st graders music classes today, we sang "Rain Rain, wont you stay. Please stay here for another day. Rain Rain, wont you stay. Little children want to play!"

Sept. 26: What has a bottom at its top? Your legs!!! I love laffy taffy jokes! Thanks Kacey Udy for the barrel of laughs that my whole family has enjoyed this week!! (Kacey, my HS friend, sent me a package with Laffy Taffy's--my favorite candy during my senior year).

Sept. 27: What goes up but never comes down? Your age.

Sept. 28: Nice job Ammon! He got 7th place at the XC meet today in Arco, and got a medal. He sprinted and beat another teammate at the finish line, too! So proud of my oldest boy today!

Sept. 29: What do you call expensive corn? A buccaneer.

Sept. 30: What can you throw but never catch? A party.

No comments: