Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012 on FB

Aug. 3: This was the 9th week of summer, & I can't believe August is here! Ammon's week-long scout camp was cancelled due to forest fires, so Josh went on an overnighter with him instead. I took the 3 younger boys to the swimming pool: Jonah & Micah jumped off the diving board in the deep end without help for the first time! and I stayed in the shallow end with Kanyon & got sunburned! We faithfully watched the Olympics each day, had 3 playdates with friends, ate chicken for dinner 4 days in a row, had ice cream every night, and consumed fresh produce from our garden.

Aug. 4: I've had a pinched nerve in my lower back for 3 days! ugh...so painful!

Aug. 10: Our 10th week of summer in a nutshell: Josh & I took Ammon floating down the Salmon River in tubes for his first time, I took Jonah to the ER for a bee sting on his eyelid that made his eye swell completely shut, Ammon attended NASA camp at the school, the younger 3 boys rode their scooters on a slopey sidewalk at a park, we went swimming as a family at the pool, we went to the lake one afternoon and laid on inflatables, I painted & completed a pumpkin project, and the girl that was living with us this summer moved out.

Aug. 13: it's snowing ashes, the sky is so smokey that we can't see the mountains that are 2 miles from our house, and the air feels like we're eating campfire smoke constantly. I don't like forest fire season in Salmon.

Aug. 14: Thank you, facebook friends, for all the birthday wishes! My hubby was so good to me today, and I really appreciated all of your kind remarks all day long as well!

Aug. 16: it's a miracle! The sky was filled with stars last night, and today there's blue skies shining on me! What a relief not to breathe in smoke or feel the depression hovering with the orange haze today!

Aug. 17: This was a great 11th week of summer: we went camping for 3 days & 3 nights, Josh made a delicious dinner for my 33rd birthday, a friend brought me a delectable chocolate cake, saw Magic Mike in the theater, got some awesome new sandals, spent 2 days cleaning out closets and updating wardrobe sizes for the boys, Ammon started XC practice, and I started working at school to prepare for what happens in 10 days!

Aug. 21: Leaving tomorrow for 5 days in Utah. I suddenly feel very unready for everything in the week ahead...taking a solo trip with the kids, hosting my class reunion, starting another school year.

Aug. 24: The 12th and final week of summer is over. just 4 days left until school begins. It's been a full week! I tubed down the Salmon River with friends, danced with Josh at an outdoor rock concert, cried while watching "We bought a zoo", played SkipBo with my boys, picked veggies from our garden & entered them in the fair, took Kanyon to the dentist, shopped for school supplies, watched the BE county fair parade, toured the Brigham City temple, and did final preparations to host my 15-year class reunion tonight!

Aug. 27: Here's to new beginnings...3 cheers for the first day of school tomorrow. It's coming whether I want it to or not, so I might as well tip my glass off to it!!!

Aug. 31: 50% of the people in this household now have the snuffles. I blame it on the smoke and poor air quality from the local fires that are burning out of control. I wish it would snow in the mountains so that we could have blue skies again!

No comments: