Thursday, July 12, 2012

pearly girls

The very day after school was over, we headed to Utah for the first weekend of Summer! I took the boys on Friday and we stayed at my parents' house in Tremonton for 3 nights. On Saturday morning, we drove over to Logan for a very special occasion.


We spent the day with my my brother Mick's family; his 8-year old daughter Libby got baptized and his infant daughter Sunshine received her baby blessing!



It was such a happy day! During Jen's pregnancy, Mick and Jen decided to not find out what gender this baby was, and I thought for sure it would be a boy. I remember after having my 3 boys and being pregnant for the last time, I hoped and thought it was a girl because I wanted one so badly. I know how much Mick wanted a son, so I hoped and thought this baby would be a boy for him, too. So I was completely surprised when their baby was born and it was a girl! (Although Josh always thought it would be a girl, so he kept telling me over and over "I knew it! I knew it"!) Josh and I have 4 boys, and Mick and Jen now have 4 girls!  We are 100% gender opposites! They have such a cute family!

The two special girls wearing white...so sweet!

After the baptism and baby blessing, we went to Mick & Jen's house for a yummy lunch. Then my mom got out a film strip she brought about baptism and the kids watched with awe as we listened to the tape recorder, and every time it beeped, my mom moved the film strip that was projected on the wall. The kids had never seen anything like it!

Thanks mom for the fascinating, old-time entertainment!

It was neat that Mick & Jen's family got to celebrate two special things on one day!  And we were so happy to be a part of it!

No comments: