Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 2012 on FB

May 3: i love sweet pork from costa vida. and i love french dip & swiss from arby's. and i love having the opportunity to eat out with my husband....it's so rare these days!

May 5: Just read "The Shoemaker's Wife" by Adriana Trigiani. Absolutely loved it! It's a historical fiction story about two people from Italy, and I want more...gonna have to go to the library tomorrow to get another one by her!

May 6: We do NOT like the crybaby red-head Rachel on Amazing Race. The boys and I are all sad that she made it to the final round!

May 7: planted the garden today! corn, potatoes, onions, carrots, and radishes! This is the first time we've planted a garden while still using and eating food from the previous year's crop. Usually by now, it's all gone. I just love new beginnings!!!

May 8: Beginning tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to teach the kindergartners sign language for the alphabet song for their upcoming graduation program. I am crossing my fingers that my attempt will be a success!

May 16: Thank you to everyone who voted in favor of the school levy yesterday! I'm so happy to be able to teach music to the students in this community for at least 2 more years!

May 18: I'm loving root beer floats this week!

May 23: I am devouring a bag of Lay's Classic BLT chips. They are WAY TOO GOOD for my own good!!!

May 25: Just finished the "Big Stone Gap" novel series by Adriana Trigiani. I just love her writing style. And now I have no more concrete plans for the day since I spent all morning reading, and it's raining outside.

May 28: watched "Avatar" for the first time yesterday with the family. I was in awe the whole movie, and so were the boys! It was SOOO good!

May 30: Kindergarten Graduation is today! I am in charge of the music program portion of it, and I was so nervous about today's performance for my students that I woke up at 2:00am...and now I can't sleep!

May 31: last day of school for me and the kids this year...i still can't believe it! I am looking forward to a summer full of lazyness, blogging, and kids' activities!!!

No comments: