Saturday, April 14, 2012

news and notes

I don't like to watch the news, read newspapers, or stay up-to-date on current events.

But my husband does. And he spends a lot of time devoted to it.

He reads the Post Register (Idaho Falls newspaper) daily, the Recorder Herald (the Salmon newspaper) weekly, he watches morning and evening and nightly news, and he gleams information from the internet on current affairs. So whenever I need to know something about the weather, or community events, or national news, or a world crisis, I just ask him. He likes to know factual information, and he remembers so much of what he reads and hears. 

I, on the other hand, like to stay current on what's happening in people's lives. I like meeting people, talking to people, and knowing people.

I read others' blogs daily, check up on my online friends through faceboook morning and night, and I text my local friends periodically. I like to know social information, and my brain is good at remembering people and faces and names and personal facts. So, when Josh wants to know something about someone, like where they're from or how many kids they have or where they work (etc.), he just asks me.

I like that Josh and I retain different information in our brains. His knowledge is of great use to me, and my memory is benefecial to him, too. Josh and I have a lot of differences, but I think that the things that make us different from each other actually make us work really well together.  

2 comments:

darcymae said...

my hubby isnt good at remembering social things either. we've lived in this ward for 5 1/2 years and he still doesnt know most of the peoples names. he refers to them as things like "the guy that lives next door to the best friend of the lady in the primary presidency" and stuff like that. makes me crazy!

MikeS said...

I keep up with the news AND the social networks. Jeralynn retains the kid's school work, appointments, our calendars, and all the household information. It works.