Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Projects

I am in charge of the inside of our house.
Josh is in charge of the outside.

I put the pictures on the walls, decide what furniture will go where, decorate it how I want.
He does the landscaping, plants the trees, mows and waters the lawn, clips the shrubs. 

We both decided to tackle a few projects this late winter to help us feel more productive and less depressed from the winter blues.

My biggest project was this:
I found a food storage container in the loft of the ranch shop, and I carried it up to our house. I vacuumed off the spiderwebs, scrubbed it from top to bottom, and brought it inside. I rearranged some items in the kitchen and dining area so it would fit, and I went through all of our food storage items in the cupboards, and put all that would fit onto the food storage shelf. It was a full day's project, and it made me feel so good! I've been wanting to buy a rotating food storage unit for a while now, and I was so happy to find this for free!

Josh's biggest project was this:
He's wanted to create a rock walkway for years. He likes the looks of them and their natural appearance. He picked a portion of our backyard to work on, between the deck and the cement steps. He thawed the ground that was frozen and cut out grass between the back doors. He found rocks all around our place that had a flat edge, he placed the rocks one at a time in the designated area, and he got some sand to place in and under the rocks. It took him 3 days to finish the walkway, and it looks great! I was so proud of him and his work! This photo is of him placing some rocks on the half-finished walkway. 

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

Nice job you two! Would love to see a finished picture of the rock walk. I love those too.