Tuesday, March 6, 2012

food, glorious food...while we're in the mood

When I was in the 6th grade, I was in the High School musical production of "Oliver". I played an orphan, and I never forgot the words to the song "Food, glorious food". I sing it in my head once in a while, and I think about it whenever I eat a really good dish. Speaking of a really good dish...

In January, I went with some friends to Boise to celebrate Amanda's birthday. We spent two nights there, and had a grand ole time. While we were there, we ate at our favorite Boise eatery: The Cheesecake Factory. We always eat there whenever we are celebrating an occasion. We love their cheesecakes, and their super large, super delicious entrees.

I was in the mood for something different on that trip to The Cheesecake Factory, and I had such a hard time deciding on what to order off their 24-page menu. I decided on a whim to order the Lettuce Wraps. And that was the best decision I made that entire weekend. It was SOOOOO delicious.

I thought about my lettuce wraps later that night as I was consuming my red velvet cheesecake. I thought about them again the following day as we were driving home to Salmon. I thought about them  the next week as I ate food from the school cafeteria. I loved that meal so much, that I can remember the taste of those wraps even now, two months after consuming them.

And I'm craving some of those delicious lettuce wraps from the Cheesecake Factory right about now...

No comments: