Friday, December 2, 2011

Fall 2011 Top Ten

Fall is over! It's my favorite season of the year, and it went by in a flash this year. Working full-time really makes time pass so quickly, and I feel like I don't have enough time to enjoy all the small things in life as much anymore. But, I'm grateful for my Top 10 Lists, because they MAKE me take notice and enjoy some of the little things that happen in each season of the year! Here's my Fall 2011 Top Ten List--9 out of 10 items got accomplished!

1. Watch Ammon's football games.
This was his second year of playing the sport. He is a fabulous player, and we all had so much fun attending his games!

2. Celebrate Jonah and Micah's birthdays.
We celebrated their special day for about a week, and they were so happy!

3. Attend Jonah and Micah's baptism and family get-together.
Their baptism was such a wonderful occasion, and we felt blessed and spiritually uplifted!

4. Harvest the garden.
We had the best yield on our crops this year than we've ever had!

5. Sell pumpkins in the patch.
We were open for 3 weekends, and only had 20 pumpkins left at the end of the 500 we started with!

6. Go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
This is the first year that Ammon didn't go, but I took the 3 younger boys, and they got a lot of candy! We went trick-door-treating at the ward party and we went to the Merchant's Trick-or-Treating on Main Street in Salmon on Halloween.

7. Party for Josh's birthday.
Although the celebrations weren't what we originally planned, Josh still got treated like a king for his birthday!

8. Play in the leaves.
The leaves stayed on the trees until November. They fell rather quickly, and then it snowed...so we only had two days of playing in the leaves this year.

9. Go 4-wheeling in the mountains.
I envisioned riding ATV's as a family in the mountains on trails we've never been on and looking at the beautiful changing colors of the leaves on the trees. I really wanted to do this, but unfortunately, it didn't happen...

10. Host Thanskgiving dinner.
This was the first year since Josh and I were married that we hosted Thanksgiving in our house. And I loved it--it was one my favorite Thanksgivings of my adult life!

No comments: