Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

In the last two years, every December I've done "25 Days of Christmas" blog posts. Each day I highlighted a different person in my life and shared with my readers the positive aspects and characteristics of that individual and happy memories I've had with them. If you are interested in reading about the 50 people I've highlighted, click on "25 Days of Christmas" under "labels" in the right-hand column of my blog.

Well, back in October, I began thinking about what I would do this year for my "25 Days of Christmas", and I decided it was time for a change--mostly because I knew I didn't have the time to invest in doing blog posts each day like I used to now that I'm working full-time. So, I came up with an idea of posting one memory of a Christmas in my life for each of the 25 days leading up to Christmas. But once I started thinking about the 32 Christmases I've celebrated in my life, I didn't think that I could remember specific things about 25 of them! So, when I was thinking about it in November, I decided to revise that plan, and cut it back to just 12 Days of Christmas memories. I wanted to begin blogging about it on December 13, so that it would be all done on Christmas Eve. But this last week of my life has been hellacious to say the least, and I didn't have the time to start doing it...until now.

Even though my plans have changed several times, and it's not what I originally intended it to be, I'm still going to move forward with my 12 Days of Christmas memories posts, beginning tomorrow. Each day, for 12 days, I'm going to talk about a memory I have of a Christmas in my life, and why I remember it so well. It's a little bit like the Christmas Carol story--I'm excited to share with you the memories I currently have, so that perhaps in the Spirit of Christmases to Come, I will be able to better remember and reflect on the Spirit of Christmas' Past!

No comments: