Thursday, November 17, 2011

Double Baptism

Jonah and Micah's baptism day was the first Saturday in October. As a family, we'd been preparing for and looking forward to the special day for weeks! Jonah and Micah were so excited to finally be baptized! And we were so proud of them for making the choice to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The baptism service was so wonderful! Josh's sister Tiffany played the piano, and my sister Trina led the music. My dad gave the talk on Baptism, and Josh's dad gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. And my mom and Josh's mom gave prayers. Amanda and I sang a duet, John played the flute, and Josh played the piano for the song "I am a Child of God". Josh baptized and confirmed both boys.

Jonah was baptized first...

and Micah was confirmed first.


After the baptismal service was over, we hosted a dinner at our home for family and friends. Even though there wasn't a lot of people in attendance, we sure enjoyed the company of our family and friends who did come. It was a special day, not just for Jonah and Micah, but for all of us!

2 comments:

darcymae said...

What a nice day for your twins and for your family!

I'm super jealous that you get to have your own, individual baptisms where you live! We had that as kids and i thought it was so fun. Special for each kid. And when I found out they didn't do it like that anymore and my kids would have to have stake baptisms, I was so disappointed. Zoey's baptism was still very nice but just not as personalized.

Debra said...

What a special day! What a blessing... We have ours coming the end of January...They grow up way too fast! I wish we could keep them little forever...