Thursday, September 1, 2011

9 pins and 12 sons

Day 9 of our vacation to Utah was the only day that didn't go according to my "master plan". We were going to pack up all our stuff that morning at my mom's house, and drive over to Logan to stay at my brother's house for the last night of our vacation. But then there was a sickness in their house, so we ended up staying one more night at my mom's house. And that left the day completely open for us regarding things to do.

My sister Trina and I went for breakfast at the Pie Dump. I haven't been there in 15 years! I had rolls and potatoes w/gravy, and she had donut holes. It was super delicious!

My mom took us bowling that afternoon in Tremonton. My boys were so happy to go! I don't remember ever bowling with my mom, and I was surprised when she bowled with us!


It was in the middle of a weekday afternoon, so we had the bowling alley to ourselves! It was nice and quiet! I shared a lane with Mom, Trina, and Ammon. Jonah, Micah, and Kanyon shared a lane with the gutters up.

Ammon got the highest score of all of us with 96. Jonah got 2nd with 95. Mom and Micah tied for 3rd with 86. I played lousy. And I couldn't believe my mom AND all my sons beat me!!! We all had a great time, though! It was enjoyable for me to watch my sons interacting with their grandma while we all played the sport!

Later that afternoon, I drove over to Garden City where I met up with my friend John. I was so glad to see him; I hadn't seen him all summer! He'd gotten a new truck, and he took me for a ride in it around the southern end of Bear Lake. I'd never been on the road past Garden City, and we had a pleasant drive!

I had reserved and purchased two tickets to eat dinner and watch a play at the Pickleville Playhouse. I've wanted to watch a play there for so many years! I'd looked forward to it all summer long! And I couldn't believe the night had finally come!

Dinner was good, and the show was excellent. John and I watched "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". That was the 3rd time I've seen that play this year. The first time was in March; John and I went to see it in Blackfoot at a community theater. Then in April, Salmon High School performed it and they did a phenomenal job! The 3rd time was different than the others because the cast was so much smaller, since the Pickleville Playhouse stage is smaller. The brothers in the PP show were amazing!! They were my favorite brothers in any of the "Joseph" productions I've seen this year. They were well rehearsed and the blocking, choreography, and especially the harmonizing were awesome to see and hear! The cast modernized some of the props and dialogue, too, which changed it up, and I liked that as well. But the SHS production is still my overall favorite this year! "Joseph" has addicting music, and I found myself singing "Jacob...Jacob and sons" for weeks after each time I saw the show throughout the year!!! Even though I saw three different productions of it this year, I've fallen more in love with the play each time!

After the play, John and I went to LaBeau's for a late-night snack. I got the raspberry shake (of course), and it was delectable! When my shake was all gone, it was time to say goodbye to John and drive back to Tremonton. I made it before midnight, and found that my boys had been well taken care of by my mom and dad in my absence!

No comments: