Friday, August 12, 2011

Rock On

I love taking photos of natural beauties in this world, and I love using my creative mind to compare natural wonders with shapes in life. Remember when I blogged about our trip to Moab this spring with photos I took of rock formations that resembled other things? Well, when we went to City of Rocks, I continued my quest in "formation imagination" and photographed some more comparisons!!! So...do you see what I see?!

This rock is called "Whale Rock". See the spout?!

This is called "Elephant Rock". His head and trunk are on the right,
and his hind legs and tail are on the left:

This one is called "Bath Rock". But what I see is a cracked heart in the middle and two kneeling people on both sides of it trying to wrap their arms around its bottom to meet in the middle. 

I think this one looks like Darth Vader's helmet:

I like to call this one "Mr. Potato Head with the Big Nose":

The next two were taken in the middle of an archway/cave.
I think this one looks like a dagger in the stone:

And this one, (taken in the same place with a slightly different angle)
looks like a pregnant woman:

Here's a turtle shell:

And an oyster shell:

 Micah found this rock indent shaped like a boy's head wearing a baseball cap
(and then he put his head in it to prove his point):

 Jonah found a bird's nest tucked in the middle of two rocks.
I see a backwards 'F' in the rock right behind his head!

And here's the mystery one. What do you think it looks like?
I think it looks like a mother bent over her infant OR
army men hiding behind a wall OR
a bird swooping down and eating its prey while warding off 3 headless chickens with its left wing.

3 comments:

MikeS said...

The Aliens creature kissing its newborn Alien.

Miss Heather said...

I thought army men behind a wall before I read what you thought. :) Great minds! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the last one looks like a camel -- along the top line.
--Tiffany