Wednesday, August 24, 2011

PFR 2011

My dad started the Perkins Family Reunion in 2008. So far, every year it's at a different place and at a different time in the summer. This year it was on July 20th in Logan and Tremonton. This was the first year since it began that all the siblings and all the grandkids came. The only ones absent were the brothers-in-law Josh and Mack. We started out the day with family pictures taken by sis-in-law Jen using Trina's camera on the USU campus.

All the siblings (L-R, Back-Front): Cody, Lisa, Mick, Trina, Kala, Tawna, Tabbi

Siblings again--arranged from youngest to oldest:

Siblings with Mom and Dad:

All the grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa:

Did you notice Kanyon's face? In every single photo op he was in, he refused to look at the camera, no matter how much I pleaded and coaxed with him. It irritated me to no end. My dad held him and Kanyon was glad that somebody (grandpa) wasn't making him look at the camera like his mom said he had to.

All the kids and grandkids and grandparents together. Just the 4 in-laws are missing in this photo:

Then we tried to get all the boys to take a photo together, and they were all restless and not cooperating, so I told them to just pick their nose if they weren't going to smile. And they did...

And here's a photo of the girls--we are so much better at cooperating!

And....as soon as the photo session was done, guess what Kanyon did? Yep--he looked at the camera and smiled. The little buggar.

So then I had to take one of my boys together since Kanyon finally decided to look at the camera... 

After the photo session, we drove to Willow Park in Logan to have a picnic lunch. My mom brought all the delicious goods:

The kids all ran around playing together, and it was fun to see them all interact with each other. This was the first time that ALL of them have been together!!!

This is Malcolm and Kanyon, the oldest and youngest grandsons:

I think this picture is funny...not one single kid is looking at the camera, and I love capturing them all doing their own thing:

Sitting around after lunch, letting the food digest:

After lunch, we walked over to the Willow Park Zoo:

We'd never been to that zoo before. It's really small, but very cute. We enjoyed looking at all the animals! My favorite one was the blue-billed duck. (but, the picture didn't turn out of it).

The kids all liked feeding the ducks and swans some animal food:

There was a little vending machine that my mom kept putting coins in so all the grandkids could take turns feeding the water animals:

The boys liked watching the monkeys, too. For some reason, while they watched the climbing monkeys, they also tried climbing the bordering fence...

The truth is, my boys don't have to go to the zoo to see monkeys...they just have to look in the mirror!

After our walk around the zoo, we all split up for a few hours. I went with mom and dad and all the grandsons back to their house in Tremonton. I helped mom make lasagna for dinner and then I put together all the candy guessing jars. When everyone came over for dinner, they guessed how many candies were in each jar, and the person with the closest guess won the jar.

We ate lasagna dinner out on the back patio! It was such a beautiful and hot day!

And then for dessert, we had ice cream sundaes! I loved all the toppings that mom got!

After dinner, everyone left except me and all the grandsons. They watched a movie together and had a sleepover downstairs. It was so cute to see them all sleeping together! (Malcolm was on the floor)

And that concluded the official Perkins Family Reunion 2011!

3 comments:

D'Neill said...

You have such a fun beautiful family!

Stacy said...

Hi Kala,
I am confused...do you have an older sister? If so, how did I never know this?

Gina said...

Fun post sounds like you had a fun time. Love all the pictures. I also love the comment about your boys and the monkeys, sounds like something I would say about my kids :)