Thursday, July 7, 2011

one year

On June 8 last year, we moved into our new home.

We've now lived here 12 months...

4 seasons...

1 year.

My five favorite things about this house:

1. A master bathroom. For the first time in our married life, we have two bathrooms and aren't sharing one with the kids. I always complained before because it got so dirty sharing the toilet and sink with the boys, but now the boys' bathroom gets cleaned more often than mine!!! I still love it, however, knowing that the only mess in the bathroom is mine and Josh's and not the kids'!

2. Having a Living Room AND a Family Room. Before, we only had just a living room, and the boys would always bring out their toys, and the main room of the house was always messy. But now, the boys play in the family room, and the living room is more of an adult space and thus, easier to clean!

3. A closet for everyone. Each of the 4 bedrooms has nice, large closets. And in our master bathroom, there are two walk-in closets: one for me and one for Josh. We've always had to share a closet, and put our extra clothing in one of the kids' closets before. Josh has the biggest closet, because he has more clothes than me, and for the first time in our marriage, now all of his clothes are contained in just one closet!

4. Having 2 seating areas in the kitchen. With the large bar counter in addition to the dining table, entertaining and feeding a lot of people is made so much easier! I just love the high counter!

5. A separate laundry room. Before this house, our laundry facilities have always either been in the bathroom or the kitchen. I love having all the lint and dust from the laundry machines contained in one space! Even though the laundry room is small, and I wish it were larger, I'm so grateful just to have a designated spot for it!

1 comment:

Debra said...

YOu are so good at taking pictures! I really should try to take 4 season pictures of our home...I don't know that I could remember that I would like to do it for a whole year...