Friday, July 1, 2011

Live & Love Live 365 (June)

Day 152: I read the book "Austenland" by Shannon Hale today and loved it! I haven't read a book in 6 months, and it felt so good to lay out on the grass and read while the boys were running and playing around me!

Day 153: I went to Kimi's house tonight, and her and Kerry and I watched "127 Hours" while laying on her bed. It was just like good ole times. And as always, I loved chatting and eating at the counter with them afterwards!!!

Day 154: Golfed with Josh tonight at Couples League. It's been almost a year since I golfed last, and I've definitely played better than my game tonight, but it was fun going on a date with Josh and relaxing in the beautiful weather we had this evening.

Day 155: The sunshine today was gorgeous and non-stop! The boys and I went walking and riding scooters around the park this morning, and I had a good time with them! This evening, I went to a baby shower and they had such delicious food and cute decorations, and I enjoyed chatting with other ladies there.

Day 156: It was the perfect summer Sunday! Josh bbq'd dinner on the grill, and we ate outside together, and then I read a book all afternoon sitting on the lawn while watching the boys play in the ditch and the trampoline and the dirt pile. It was such a peaceful afternoon!

Day 157: I finished reading the book "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" today, and as a result I was lazy all morning. It felt good to relax!

Day 158: I enjoyed watching Jonah and Micah and Kanyon all play the sport of soccer this evening. And at bedtime, I really liked listenining to Jonah and Micah as they each read a book.

Day 159: Tonight I watched a late movie with Kimi! I just love doing that!

Day 160: I watched "Go With It" tonight with Amanda, and we laughed and laughed. I just love Adam Sandler!

Day 161: My 3 younger sisters came to visit tonight, and it was fun hanging out with them.

Day 162: Josh and I went to the hot springs tonight with my sisters and my friends Amanda and Kimi. We had a relaxing soak! My body felt so good after!

Day 163: Kimi came over tonight and we ate rice. And I cried. But being with Kimi and eating the cheesy, creamy rice made me feel better.

Day 164: John called today, and it was so good to hear his voice! It made my day improve dramatically, knowing that he cared.

Day 165: The weather today was absolutely gorgeous! I loved the sun shining, especially while the boys played soccer this evening because they've had so many soccer days of playing in rain and wind!!!

Day 166: Josh texted me this morning and said he loved me, and it was a very meaningful way to start my long day.

Day 167: Amanda cut my hair today, and it felt so good! And then we talked, and I cried, and we ate, and I had the farts, and we laughed and ate some more! It was truly cleansing to my soul!

Day 168: Josh's Grandmother's funeral was today in Salmon. During the funeral, Josh played the piano while I sang a solo for the song "Where Love Is". It was really beautiful, and the spirit was felt so strongly during the song. It was wonderful to spend the afternoon and evening with extended family, and I enjoyed talking to family members at the burial, at the dinner, and at our home afterwards.

Day 169: Josh and I went to a reception tonight for a newly married couple from Salmon. They served cheesecake with choices of flavored toppings. I chose the rhubarb topping, and it was heavenly! I've never had cheesecake with rhubarb topping, and I absolutely loved it!!! I just love rhubarb anything!

Day 170: We went on a family bike ride this evening, and took advantage of the few hours of sunshine. It was wonderful! The twins went all the way around the 4-mile loop for their first time ever with Josh and Ammon and Grandpa, and I rode behind with Kanyon. He went 1.5 miles, and he'd never gone that far before either! It was so peaceful and nice!

Day 171: I loved spending the day with my boys today. This morning, I took the 3 younger boys to their first day of swimming lessons, and Kanyon was SO happy! This afternoon, I took them on a 3 mile bike ride, and Jonah and Micah were such good bike-riders! This evening, for FHE, we ate sherbet floats, and I cuddled up in my chair at bedtime and had a giant bowl of ice cream, it was so good!

Day 172: Took an evening walk with Josh tonight, and enjoyed the time alone with him exercising and enjoying God's country.

Day 173: I helped the boys complete art projects at "Art in the Park" today, and tonight we went on a bike ride together, stopping to throw rocks in the ditch along the way. It was another beautiful day, and I truly enjoyed spending time with my family!

Day 174: Soaked in the hot springs tonight with my friend Celyn, and as long as I was in the hot tub, the steam from the hot water really helped my terrible hay fever!

Day 175: The boys and I rearranged the dressers and TV's in their rooms today. I LOVE rearranging furniture, it really makes a room feel new!

Day 176: I rode our horses this afternoon with Josh. He has been teaching Mia how to be ridden, and he needed me to ride QT in front of her so that she could follow another horse. I haven't ridden a horse in several years, because I don't like it. But it was actually relaxing to go for a ride on our horses today with my handsome hubby.

Day 177: The afternoon was gorgeous, and after watching the boys play in the ditch and have water fights, we took a family 4-wheeler ride to visit the neighbors. Being on the 4-wheeler with my husband and watching the boys ride alongside us on their 4-wheelers was a very happy moment for me.

Day 178: I watched the movie "MegaMind" with the boys again tonight, and as soon as it was over, Josh came home from a meeting, and he started dancing to the Michael Jackson song that was playing at the end of it! It was so funny to watch him, and I laughed and laughed! It was definitely the highlight of my day!

Day 179: Watching a movie with Kimi in the afternoon and riding our horses again with Josh in the evening.

Day 180: Tonight we went out for dinner as a family, and we had giant, fresh pizza from the bakery! And then we came home and watched the movie "Secretariat" together in the living room. It was an enjoyable, peaceful, relaxing evening!

Day 181: Today was the 3 younger boys' last day of swimming lessons. I loved watching them all jump off the diving board at the end of lessons and seeing how happy that made them. Tonight, we went to an outdoor dinner with some Tolman cousins and their Hodges/Cockrell relations, and it was yummy and fun!

No comments: