Saturday, June 4, 2011

Anniversary Retreat: a real treat

At the end of March, Josh and I went on a 4-day, 4-night vacation; a couple's retreat from our hectic spring work schedules in Salmon. At the beginning of our vacay, we saw Lady Gaga in concert. At the end of the 4 days, we saw Bon Jovi in concert. But in between the two, we spent our time chillaxing. We...

...drove to Moab 

...went to the Moab Golf Course and Josh golfed 18 holes

...visited Dead Horse Point

...had a nice dinner, and I ate Buffalo for the first time

...hiked and walked all over Arches National Park

...drove to Ephraim

...soaked in the hot tub in our hotel room

...went to the beautiful Manti temple

...visited my Grandma Rose in Pleasant Grove 

...found my Grandpa Rose's grave in the PG Cemetary

...went to Ikea and discovered & dreamed

...went to In n Out Burger, a first for us

...and we had a marvelous time together!!! When I was in the planning stages of the vacation, I showed Josh my initial itinerary, and asked him what he thought. His reply was "it looks like a lot of driving". It's true; there was a lot of driving time every day, but because we had several different activities each day, it really broke up the driving time. At the end of the vacation, neither one of us felt like the whole vacation was spent just driving! I was hoping for a sunny vacation, but the majority of the weather was cool, windy, and overcast. So except for the disappointing weather, the rest of the retreat was a real treat for us!

No comments: