Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (May)

Day 121: I felt the Spirit during testimony meeting and again during my Sunday School lesson which was about the life of Jesus Christ, and I felt such peace and love. I enjoyed relaxing with Josh this afternoon: we sat outside in the sunshine for 2 hours watching our boys be creative with sticks and water and mud and it gave me the hope that summer is on its way!

Day 122: Today was crazy busy for a Monday. My happiest moment was sitting at the table, eating dinner with my family. I love to have all us together, and I love listening to each of my boys as they talk about their day.

Day 123: Today was awful. My best moment was getting a hug from Josh when he came home from work.

Day 124: I was so glad to hang out at home all night!

Day 125: Receiving a sentimental text from a friend, talking to another friend on the phone, and holding onto the big muscles in my husband's arm!

Day 126: Watching the movie "The Tourist" with Josh (even though he fell asleep during it) and having a late-night chat with Amanda.

Day 127: Working on a 1000pc puzzle.

Day 128: Today was Mother's Day, and the boys treated me with homemade cards, a musical card, lots of my favorite kinds of chocolates, and 2 apricot trees that they planted! It was a wonderful day, and I felt so loved!

Day 129: I had a happy day at school. I was glad that Kimi joined us for FHE. I liked grocery shopping alone with Josh.

Day 130: Today went better than expected with the 3rd grade musical program practices, and I coached Kanyon's soccer team for the first time tonight and it was fun!

Day 131: I was so grateful that Josh made dinner tonight, even if it was just frozen pizza!

Day 132: The 3rd grade musical performances were today. When they performed for their peers in the school, it was almost flawless and I was so thrilled!! There were some glitches when they did it for their parents, but I'm just so glad to be done with it! And then tonight after soccer practice, we worked on John's lawn and trees, and it was so nice to work outside together as a family!

Day 133: Singing karaoke with Amanda and John.

Day 134: Attending the temple with Savanna and her family.

Day 135: Listening to my piano students at their spring recital. They did a great job and I was so proud of them!

Day 136: Having Family Home Evening: we did a service project for a family in the ward, went grocery shopping, played games, read stories, and ate dessert. It was a great night spent together!

Day 137: Watching Ammon at his 5th grade track meet. He did a great job running the 400-meters, and he got 4th place! It was beautiful weather, and I took the afternoon off from work to watch him. I really enjoyed relaxing, and visiting with friends, and being with Kanyon, and watching Ammon. It was just delightful!

Day 138: I had a great day at school! We played music bingo in several classes, and the classes were all awesome today! And I had lunch with the MOPS ladies during their last session of this year; I enjoyed being with them and feeling their spirits and filling my tummy with their yummy food, too! And tonight I watched last night's episode of Glee, and I really liked it!

Day 139: Half of my music classes were gone on field trips today, so I spent the morning at home with Kanyon. I got so much accomplished, and I actually enjoyed catching up on the dishes/laundry/cleaning that needed to be done!

Day 140: Spending the afternoon and evening with old friends, making new friends, and laughing the night away!

Day 141: Watching the newest "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie in the 3-D theater alone, singing karaoke with my friends and dancing the night away, and hanging out in Boise all day and night with new and old friends.

Day 142: Celebrating my friend John's birthday with him, and getting a welcome-home kiss from my husband after returning home.

Day 143: I had so much fun playing Music Bingo and wii Just Dance with my students today! Today was the first day of the last week of school!!! And tonight I enjoyed planting some new flowers in the pots by the front door to commemmorate the end of spring/beginning of summer!

Day 144: I had a lousy day, and I didn't want to do anything tonight. But soccer was on the calendar, so away we went. And it actually brightened my mood tremendously to watch Kanyon run around and kick the ball a few times, and to see Jonah and Micah both score goals for their team!

Day 145: School was non-stop crazy today! This morning was the last of my students' performance of the year: Kindergarten Graduation! And thankfully, it went well! This afternoon I went to Jonah and Micah's 1st grade field trip/picnic at the CDC park, and I enjoyed the sun's rays and watching the children play. This evening I taught the boys how to play the board game "Sequence" and it brought back lots of memories of when Josh and I used to play it together when we were newlyweds. And tonight after everyone went to sleep, I stayed up and watched the "Glee" finale--so sad it's done for the season!

Day 146: Today was the last day of school, and it was only a half-day. I played "dance craze" and "name the tune" with the students, and we had so much fun together!

Day 147: I went on a date with Josh tonight after graduation, and I enjoyed being alone with him. Then Amanda, John, and JQ joined us for dinner and dancing and we had a great time together. I love dancing with my hot husband!

Day 148: We planted the pumpkin patch seeds today, and I just love new beginnings!!! This afternoon, I laid on the lawn for an hour soaking in the sun's rays, and even though my legs aren't any tanner, my soul sure felt a whole lot brighter!

Day 149: I enjoyed teaching my Sunday School lesson today about repentance, and I had 16 people attend my class--which is the most I've ever had! This afternoon, we played games and ate dessert with Malachi, John, and JQ. I loved having friends and family in my home! We had so much fun playing Scattergories (Josh won, of course) and Oodles (I won, yay!) and I tried a new pumpkin dessert (yum yum) that everyone loved so much, it was gone before I could have seconds!

Day 150: I loved sleeping in with my husband this morning. It doesn't happen very often, but I like snuggling with him in the morning. And tonight we invited John over for dinner. We had French Toast--we haven't had it in a long time and it was YUMMY, because I put Aunt Linette's homemade raspberry jam on it and topped it with some powdered sugar!

Day 151: I just adore all the lilacs that are blooming right now! I love seeing people's large lilac bushes in full purple bloom! And I've enjoyed the beautiful flowers that have adorned my pear, apple, and cherry trees; they won't be on the trees for very much longer.

2 comments:

Franson Funny Farm said...

Wow! I am surprised you still have some jam left! :) Let me know when you need more. I still have plenty in the freezer!

hapi said...

Hi Salmon Tolman Family, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog