Monday, March 7, 2011

matching

brothers with matching clothes in 2010:Ammon and Kanyon got matching outfits from Grandma P. for their birthdays this year. They wore them to church on the same day last month, and they looked so handsome!! Ammon and Kanyon are like 7-year-apart twins, and it was so fun to see them wearing matching clothes! Speaking of twins...

twins with matching clothes in 2004:Jonah and Micah have worn matching clothes since they were infants. They don't wear identical outfits as much anymore, but I have lots of photos of them together when they did! I searched for this specific photo because of the baby tees that they are wearing. They were given these t-shirts from the Primary Children's Life Flight crew when they were moved from PCMC in Salt Lake back to EIRMC in Idaho Falls when they were one month old.
In the last two weeks at school, Jonah and Micah's class have been talking and learning about family histories. The students were each asked to bring to school one item that was important to their individual history or to their family history to display and discuss with the class. Micah chose to bring a baby blanket. Jonah chose to bring one of the shirts that they're wearing in this photo. Speaking of individual history items...

sisters with matching clothes in 1994:When I was a teenager, my mom made me and two of my sisters matching dresses. I used to love that dress: I loved the color, I loved that my mom hand-made it, and I loved wearing it because it fit me so well! My mom also made little dolls for us out of extra fabric from our dresses. She gave us the dolls in some popsicle-stick cradles that my Great-Grandpa Sorenson had made years prior. The cradle and matching doll are very dear to me, and I'm grateful that since we have more space in our house now, those special items are finally out of storage boxes and are on display on a shelf in my bedroom!

2 comments:

Tawna said...

Love it! I was such a dork in my younger years...wait still am! But now, I at least own it :) Love you!

Miss Heather said...

I think my mom made me the exact replica of your dress!! With the big collar thing and everything! LOVE IT! :)