Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (February)

Day 32: I had no idea what to make for dinner. When Jonah asked what was for dinner, I told him I didn't know. He suggested we had pancakes. I was so thrilled with the great idea! I made pancakes and sausage, and all the boys licked their plates clean!

Day 33: Going out for lunch with Josh and Kanyon

Day 34: Watching Jonah and Micah parade down the halls of their school with dragon decorations they'd made with their class in honor of the Chinese New Year, and going on a date with Josh to the movie theater.

Day 35: Sleeping in with my husband by my side.

Day 36: Chatting & watching "Mamma Mia" with Amanda and John.

Day 37: Teaching my Sunday School class about divine potential, and hosting a superbowl party with Amanda's and David & Gina's families attending.

Day 38: Teaching music to the elementary school kids. I loved singing and dancing and playing instruments with them, and I smiled every time I overheard them say to each other how much they liked having me as their teacher!

Day 39: Dancing and singing with the 5th graders to the Beach Boys' song "Surfin' USA".

Day 40: Eating lunch with Jonah and Micah at school.

Day 41: Coming home after working all day to discover Josh had made a delicious dinner for our family, and spending a quiet evening at home with our family.

Day 42: Spent a relaxing day at home, got a lot accomplished, and enjoyed the sun shining!

Day 43: Went on a nice & peaceful date with Josh. We drove down river, had a nice chat on the drive, and ate a delicious hamburger dinner!

Day 44: A surprise visit from the Hobbs family--they brought delicious cookies, we enjoyed hanging out together, and we played a competitive game of Blokus!

Day 45: Celebrating Valentines Day with my boys for Family Home Evening, and receiving beautiful flowers and Lindt chocolates and a new hairdryer from Josh for the special occasion!

Day 46: Eating the yummy dinner that Josh prepared!

Day 47: Teaching Ammon's piano lesson today--he did a great job! And listening to Jonah and Micah excitedly talk about how cool George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are! And getting a hug from Kanyon when I got home from work! And laughing with Josh about the back door not opening!

Day 48: Watching "Glee" with a friend.

Day 49: Trying two new recipes: Pumpkin Chili and Scored Potatoes. It was the first time I'd ever even cooked homemade chili! I was pleased with how both foods turned out!

Day 50: Hanging out at home and relaxing all day in my pajamas.

Day 51: Teaching my Sunday School class about our loving Heavenly Father, playing wii Just Dance with my boys, and watching Josh get his hair cut by Amanda in the faux-hawk style that I requested!

Day 52: Playing Super Mario Bros. on the wii with Kanyon as his reward for pooping in the toilet. Kanyon even beat the bowser in the castle after I died! He did a great job, and it was so much fun playing with him!

Day 53: Spending the whole evening at home with my children. I was so happy that there was nothing scheduled on the calendar--I didn't have to go anywhere so I could just spend time with my family!

Day 54: Playing the wii with my boys and laughing so hard that I couldn't even breathe!

Day 55: Going to John's house to de-stress. We ate simple food and watched TV and I felt so much better!

Day 56: Hanging out in my PJ's all morning--I didn't take a shower until almost noon!

Day 57: Watching a movie in the theater and going karaoking after with a friend.

Day 58: Attending a fireside, and visiting with members of the ward after it concluded.

Day 59: Playing "Pictureka" with the family during Family Home Evening.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I LOVE when my kids request breakfast for dinner...I could do it every night if it would fly...I love reading your posts!