Friday, February 4, 2011

Road Tripping & Photo Comparing

I like to get out of town about once a month. Salmon is very isolated and lonely, and getting out of town helps me feel connected to the rest of the world. In January, I made 3 out-of-town trips in one week, which is a bit excessive for me. During the week of Ammon's birthday, Josh and I went to Hamilton, Montana on Monday to get him a few last-minute gifts, then our family went to Idaho Falls on Friday for the Orthodontist appointment & birthday bowling celebration, then on Saturday, I went with my friends Amanda and John on a day trip to Boise. Amanda's husband lives in Boise, and we'd decided to go with her to visit him.

It was a LONG day: we left at 7:00am and got home after midnight. The roads were good, but the drive seemed endless...it took us 6.5 hours to get there, we were in Boise for about 6 hours, and the drive home was another 5+ hours. A long road trip is boring, but a long road trip+friends=fun!!

We took John's car, and on the whole drive down, I sat in the backseat. This is what I saw & heard:

(I saw the backs of heads. And can you see John's open mouth in the rearview mirror? I heard a lot of singing along with the tunes belting from the CD player.)

Amanda was SO excited to see her husband--she hadn't seen him in two months. Doesn't she look super happy and excited (and gorgeous, too)?! Amanda says people tell her she looks like Garth Brooks' wife, Trisha Yearwood. I can see why they say that. What do you think?


When we stopped for a pit stop to refuel our bodies with food, John tried on some merchandise in the store.

Doesn't he look like somebody you've seen? Doesn't he remind you of someone? Like, perhaps, this guy from Despicable Me?: (See the resemblance? Bald head, large black goggles, black collared shirt, zipper in front...the similarities are uncanny if you ask me.)


Amanda and I tried to take our picture together in the car, but I was laughing too hard to smile pretty...

Seriously, I had no idea my face turned so ugly when I laughed. A song came on the radio, "Hey There Delilah", and it reminded me of my friend Ryan who loves that song. That reminded me of a time 15 years ago when I was in a photo with Ryan, and my facial expression was similar (I've always hated that photo of myself.)
Then Amanda tried to get a photo of John (who was driving) and me together. And she would count so all he had to do was hurry and look over when she said "3". But he could never take his eyes off the road, so we finally quit trying...

I just love my friends Amanda and John. It was so fun to spend all day with them. Josh opted to not come on the trip because he was tired of travelling that week, but he texted me sweet things all day long, and I had {mostly} the best day! John and Amanda were great company!(Seeing this picture of the three of our heads together reminded me of the 3 stooges.)

The multiple road trips that I took that week cured me of my desire to get out of town. So much so, in fact, that I don't want to go anywhere this month!!!

1 comment:

Kristey said...

LOL!!! This is so cute!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!