Monday, January 3, 2011

Markers & Cheeks

One day last month, I found Kanyon like this...

And it took me back in time about 7 years ago, when I remember finding Ammon like this...

At least Kanyon used red WASHABLE marker on his face!! Because I remember it took a while for that black PERMANENT marker to be washed off of Ammon's butt!!
In our home, the rule is: color on PAPER, write on PAPER, draw on PAPER--not walls or furniture or bodies! But, I think every child likes to rebel against their parents' rules, and in this case, create body art at the same time!! There's never a dull moment while parenting boys, that's for sure!!!

4 comments:

Ryan n Heidi said...

Oh GoodNess!! How hilarious! I totally remember doing that as a kid....and writing on my sisters too! hee hee Thanks for the laugh!

alyssa said...

I CANNOT wait to show these to ammon's college girlfriends. That will be fun. Thanks for the post, we got a really good laugh out of it! :)

darcymae said...

i love that ammon did almost all of his coloring on his butt!! too funny!! right after lucy was born, david and i woke from having a nap to discovered that zoey had woken up before us and colored ALL OVER HERSELF with a black sharpie WHILE she was sitting on my new couch!! i wanted to scream until i saw that she hadnt gotten a single mark on and then i just had to take a picture!

Franson Funny Farm said...

When Jud was about 1 1/2 or 2 his favorite movie was Racing Stripes--with the zebra. One day I found him hiding behind the chair. He had found the black permanent marker and did a number on himself. He said, "Look Mommy. I Stripes!" Another time he took red permanent marker to my brand new living room carpet. Love our kids!