Monday, January 31, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 - January 2011

At the start of this new year, I challenged myself to find or do something every single day that brought me happiness and then to write down that simple aspect from my day that brought me joy. I called the challenge "Live & Love Life 365".

The "Live & Love Life 365" Tab (at the top of my blog) is where I keep the daily record. In addition to that, at the end of each month, I'm going to copy the items from the entire month and paste them here onto my regular blog page.

I've truly enjoyed creating this daily journal of joy. Since I've been focusing on experiencing joy every day, and because I'm making an effort to record the experiences, I've been feeling so much gratitude for all the simple blessings in my daily life! I love the phrase from the scripture 2 Nephi 25:4 that says "for my soul delighteth in plainness", because that's exactly how I feel!

So, here's my "Live & Love Life 365" in January 2011:

Day 1: Hosted a New Years Party with family and friends, and decided to let go of the usual details of food-layout and time-line of the party. There were over 25 people in my home, and the party was so relaxed. I enjoyed every single minute of it!!!

Day 2: Helped my friend John work on preparing his classroom for the start of school after Christmas Break, and we listened to good music while working.

Day 3: Cleaned my bedroom and cleared off my desk.

Day 4: Started teaching piano lessons again after a 3-week break over Christmas vacation.

Day 5: Laughed with my friend Amanda over trivial things while eating wheat thins decorated with letters made from spray cheese.

Day 6: Substituted for the music teacher at the elementary school, and my favorite part was singing and dancing with the kindergartners! They said it was the most fun they've ever had in music class!!

Day 7: Having passionate kisses with my husband.

Day 8: Dancing with my husband, singing karaoke with John, and laughing with Amanda and friends at her birthday party.

Day 9: Had a glorious day at church--loved attending every meeting and feeling the Spirit.

Day 10: Playing games with my boys during FHE.

Day 11: Celebrating Ammon's birthday: taking treats to his school and watching him interact with his friends, making his favorite dinner and eating it together as a family, seeing him open gifts from us and receiving his grateful praises, and eating dessert together as a family in honor of his special day.

Day 12: Deep-cleaning parts of my kitchen, and playing Mickey Mouse Memory Game with Kanyon while I was home alone with him during the day.

Day 13: Substituted for Ammon's 5th grade teacher, and enjoyed playing with the students and seeing Ammon throughout the day!

Day 14: Went to Idaho Falls, and while we were there, we went bowling together as a family! It was so fun, and we all enjoyed it! (And I was secretly happy that I got the highest score of all of us!!!)

Day 15: Texting Josh, and taking a road trip with Amanda and John.

Day 16: Teaching my Sunday School class at church about prayer and feeling the spirit so strongly.

Day 17: Called and talked to my mom for her birthday, and we had a nice visit. Made oreo balls with Kimi and they were delicious. Finally completed the Perkins Photo Calendar 2011 and I'm so proud of it!

Day 18: Laying in Josh's arms after a long and tiring day.

Day 19: Taking a much-needed, short, mid-day nap!

Day 20: Reading to Jonah and Micah's class at school.

Day 21: Soaking in the hot springs with my husband and friends.

Day 22: Jumping simultaneously with Josh on the dance floor, and jamming with Josh, Amanda, and John.

Day 23: Playing wii Just Dance with my sons and husband (and I won every round until the last one when Ammon and Josh both beat me!)!

Day 24: Watching Ammon's 5th grade class performing a shortened play of " The Music Man" and playing Blokus with my four sons at Family Home Evening!

Day 25: Playing wii Play for the first time with Kanyon! He's totally a better fisherman on it than me, but he was so excited for me whenever I caught a fish too. He'd say "Nice Job, Mom!" so excitedly! I loved playing with him!

Day 26: Going on a field trip with Jonah and Micah's 1st grade to the hockey skating rink, and watching them as they both tried ice skating for the first time!

Day 27: Seeing all my boys at school while subbing for a lunch lady in the cafeteria, reading to Jonah and Micah's 1st grade class in the afternoon, and getting the perfect neck-rub from Josh to help alleviate my pains.

Day 28: Playing Blokus with my boys, and getting a perfect score for the first time ever! And Josh made my day today--he arrived home early from work, and he also brought pizza for dinner since I was sick! I just adore my husband!

Day 29: I was still feeling sick this afternoon, but I still had to go to work and clean the bank. Josh offered to come with me, and I appreciated his help so much!

Day 30: My Sunday School lesson today was about family relationships, and I really enjoyed the class. And after church, we had a delicious lunch and a relaxing afternoon at Tim & Barb's.

Day 31: Took Ammon on a date to see a concert pianist perform.

2 comments:

darcymae said...

day 7: BLECH!! (but aww! at the same time)

day 12: your house isnt old enough to need deep cleaning. relax a little, woman!

LOVE your list though. simple things really are what make life awesome!

Tawna said...

Yay for you!