Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keeping the Home Fires Burning

When we first moved into this new home, the only heat source it had was forced air. So, we removed our wood stove from the old mobile home, and set it in the family room of this new house to someday install and use.

At first, the electrical heat seemed pretty reasonable. But as each month got colder and colder, our power bill got higher and higher. And we decided it was necessary to have the wood stove installed sooner rather than later.

The week before Christmas, our friends (and relatives) Dennis and Greg came and installed it. And what a difference it's made! We'd really missed the heat a wood stove gives, and we were so happy to feel of its warmth once again and save money on our power bill, too!!! Dennis and Greg finished the final touches around the hearth today, and it looks fantastic! We just love it!!!

But, I gotta say, the only thing keeping the fire going in our home is my hot husband.He cuts the wood, hauls it home, blocks it, stacks it, chops it, carries it inside, makes the fires, and stokes it throughout the day and night. It's because of him that our home fires are burning. And my own flames are kindled because of him, too. I love that man tremendously! My heart ignited 13 years ago when I knew I wanted to marry him, and he still continues to be the light and love of my life today!

2 comments:

darcymae said...

man, that sounds like a lot of work! i think i'd rather pay the high electrically bill!! but i do love sitting around a wood burning stove. reminds me of my childhood home.

Franson Funny Farm said...

I so miss getting out wood and chopping and stacking it. I may just have to come pay a visit next summer to help do that! So glad you have a wonderful guy to keep the home fires lit and burning for you!