Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends

One of my funnest goals of 2010 was to "go out once a month with other ladies". The reason I even set that goal was because at this point last year, I'd become an extreme homebody and didn't want to go out with others. I would receive invitations, and I would frequently turn them down. But I wasn't happy as a hermit, and I needed to push myself to go out. And I'm so glad I did! I absolutely loved completing this goal this past year. I've enjoyed getting reacquainted with some of my friends and I enjoyed having my own spirit flourish as a result of being out and around others. I made it a point each month to go out with friends at least once. And now that I think about it, since I didn't record each date, there are some months where I cannot even recall what I even did when we went out. But that doesn't matter, because it didn't matter what we did--have dinner, go to the movies, go shopping, watch a performance, go to the temple, hang out on the couch and visit, drive around and laugh--the point was to just be out and around people that I love. So, even though I can't remember every single thing I did throughout the year with my friends, I can say that my friendships grew and I have become a better person as a result of successfully completing this goal!

Here's some of the friends I was lucky to spend time with this year...

Katrina

Darcy

Heather

Natalie

Emily

D'Neill

Celyn

Amanda

Kimi & Kerry

Hailey
 
I didn't always think to take my camera with me when I went out, and there are others that I was privileged to spend time with this year as well: Denise and Gina and Ashley and Nikki! I am so blessed to have such great friends!!!

2 comments:

darcymae said...

aww! arent we cute?!

Tawna said...

You look like a hot babe in the picture with Hailey. You are one hot babe. I love you!