Friday, December 3, 2010

3rd Day of Christmas - Darcy

Introducing...my good friend DARCY

I seriously love Darcy; I wish I could spend more time with her. Sometimes I daydream about living by Darcy, and I imagine us baking together, laughing together, spending time at each other's houses gabbing, while my boys and her girls are fighting--I mean playing--with each other in the background. But alas, they are just dreams. I don't live by Darcy. I don't even live in the same state as her! BUT, if I did, I would be hanging out with her all the time. Seriously. I like her that much!

Darcy and I became friends during our senior year of high school. We were both in A.P. English (meaning Advanced Placement, a class that earns college credits). It was the first class each day, all 3 trimesters long. We had the same assigned seats all year, and there was only about 20 kids in the class. AP English was one of my favorite classes my senior year, mostly because of the seating arrangement! I loved my little corner of the room--Clayne was the desk in front of me, Travis was the desk behind me, and Darcy was the desk right next to me. And I am so glad that we sat by each other, because otherwise, I never would've had the opportunity to get to know her. When you sit by someone for an hour a day, five days a week, 9 months in a year, you get to know them pretty well. And the more I got to know Darcy, the more I liked her. This is what she wrote in my yearbook at the end of the year, "AP English has been really great, has it not?!? I cannot believe my self-confidence has survived it. You are always so mean to me but I probably deserved most of it because I certainly dished out a healthy helping...".

You know why I love Darcy? Because she is funny. Her blunt sense of humor is my favorite kind. I find her refreshing! She always makes me smile and laugh with her sarcasm! Her personality is similar to mine in the way that she says what she thinks and she's not afraid to be herself around others. She is open and honest, and I love that the most about her. I love her personality!

Darcy is married to her best friend David, and they have 4 cute children. She loves her family so much, and her life revolves around the lives of her children. And did I mention that she has CUTE kids?! She loves to take photos of them, and she blogs about them all the time. It's fun to observe her adorable family growing up. The first time I met her oldest daughter, she was an infant. This summer, when I saw her family again, her youngest (baby #4) was scooting around! Man, how fast time passes!

I often think of Darcy as a mormon Martha Stewart. She cooks and bakes a TON, she decorates and celebrates holidays in style, and she loves to host parties for her extended family. And she's super good at it, too. If I lived by her, I would go to all her parties and eat all her delectable food. I would ogle over all the details she included in the party. Drats, I'm daydreaming about her again.

I had the opportunity to have a girls' night out with Darcy this past summer when I was in town. We had dinner, we chatted, and we went to a movie. And even though it had been years since I last saw her, it didn't feel like it; we instantly clicked just like we did in years' past. I think it was easier to catch up, too, since we read each other's blogs. I love reading Darcy's blog. A lot of people have dropped off the blogging bandwagon, but I can always count on her to give me something to read, because she updates hers about as much as I update mine. And she has a similar style of writing to me. Ahhh, perhaps it's because we both took AP English together so long ago!!! ;)

Darcy, thank you so much for your friendship. I truly adore you. And I honestly daydream about spending more time with you. And I'm so glad that you comment on my blog a lot, because it gives me the hope that at least someone out there in the cyber world cares. You will always be my friend, and I will always love you...even if you are ''always so mean to me'' (wink wink)!

1 comment:

darcymae said...

kala!! i heart you!! anyone who can think of that many nice things to say about me will always be my friend!! btw...you know where i live. feel free to move here any time!

PS nice photpshopping skills!