Thursday, December 16, 2010

16th Day of Christmas - Natalie

Introducing...my friend NATALIE

Natalie has been my friend since my childhood. My family moved to Tremonton right before I started 4th grade, and Natalie's family lived in the neighborhood. There were four girls that were the same age as me that all lived within just a few blocks of each other. There was Julie (who moved away the next year), Heather, Misty, and Natalie. I was so glad that they all lived so close! I remember going to my first friend sleepover in Tremonton at Natalie's house back when we were 10, and she invited all the neighborhood girls. We celebrated many birthdays together after that!

Natalie is the youngest child in her family. Her dad was my bishop in our church for years, and her mom was my piano teacher. So, I got to know her family pretty well, too. When they moved into their new house, Natalie got to have her own room and her own {huge} bathroom. I was so jealous! I remember admiring her mirror-lined closet doors! I also remember coveting her leather jackets and her porcelain dolls. But you know what's so wonderful about Natalie? She's very humble; even though she got to have lots more stuff than me when we were growing up, she never acted snobbish about it.

Natalie and I have lots of good memories together...YW camps, birthday parties, church experiences, choir trips, YW activities, summer play dates. In high school, we went on some double-dates together, we got our YW medallions together, and we graduated seminary and high school together. After that, we even went to SUU together (and I was just a tad-bit envious that her apartment was way nicer than my dorm!!).

We have been friends for over 20 years, and we are still good friends today because of Natalie. I'm not very good at communicating with long-distance relationships, but Natalie always stays in touch. She is so good at sending Christmas cards, and contacting me, and making plans to get together. She was my date for our 10-year class reunion! And she and I have gotten together twice this year, having cookies once in February and going to the temple and eating lunch together in October.

Natalie is so kind and pleasant to be around. She is forgiving and friendly and has a great attitude! She is so cheerful and happy! She has a great smile and she uses it frequently!!! And she has an awesome laugh that she shares often! I love being around Natalie! We have so much history together, so it's easy to be myself around her, because I know that she knows me and accepts me and she chooses to remain my friend! And Natalie is such a good friend to have!

She is a hard worker, and is very responsible. She is a planner and she has goals that she is always working towards. She sets high standards for herself, and she lives up to those standards. I'm so proud of all that she has accomplished because of her dedication! She is spiritually strong and is a good example for me!

Natalie, thank you so much for your constant friendship! I'm grateful for your presence in my life, and I'm especially thankful that you've never given up on me! I've enjoyed the time I've been able to spend with you lately, and I appreciate your acceptance and love! Thanks for the Christmas Card! You're a sweetie, and I simply love you!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

All so true! Love that Nat!!!

And I'm glad we got to know each other before I moved!