Tuesday, December 14, 2010

14th Day of Christmas - Gideon

Introducing...Josh's brother GIDEON
Gideon is one of Josh's younger brothers. And except for sharing the same last name, and some similar physical features, they really have nothing in common. They are so completely different!

I first met Gideon in November 1997. At that time, he was just 13 years old. He was such a cute kid, and was so sweet. He was so nice to me, and I've liked him from the first time I saw him! It was fun watching him grow up and mature into the man he is today!

Anybody who knows Gideon knows he is super talented. He dances. He clogs. He sings. He plays the piano. He plays the trumpet. He is an actor. I've gone to many of his dance recitals, his musical concerts, his plays. He never ceases to amaze me. There is nothing this kid can't do. And he excels at whatever he does, too. He dances with a smile. He plays instruments with perfection. He performs without flaw. He is just so good!

Gideon is athletic, too. He ran cross-country in high school and college, he participated in track in high school, and he was on the university dance team every year he attended. And because he's a clogger, his leg muscles are super strong! He played on the basketball team one year in junior high, and I remember going to one of his games. Although it's not a sport he continued to participate in on the school team, he always plays "Lightning" against Josh and Ammon on the driveway basketball court, and he frequently wins!

Gideon is popular. He was a studentbody officer and was class officer several times throughout high school, and when he went to college, he was a leader for a singing group and for his dance team as well. He is charming and makes everyone around him feel good about themselves. He communicates well with both genders, and people of all ages. He is so good with kids, and my boys absolutely adore him! They've missed him since he got married last year and moved away. Gideon got a university degree in communications, and he currently works for the Governor of Idaho.

Growing up on a farm and ranch, Gideon learned to be a hard worker. He is responsible and dependable, and he often gets asked to take on extra responsibilities, because others know that he will say yes and that he will give the assignment 110%. Gideon is fun, he has a great smile, and an awesome laugh. I really like playing games with him, because he's smart and fun to play with and he really likes to play games, too.

He is one of the most righteous people I know. He aspires to be like the Savior. He is loving and generous, he is kind and charitable, he is spiritual and faithful, he is knowledgeable of the gospel and shares his testimony with others. He was a great missionary, and he is firm in his testimony. He is an incredible example to me.

Gideon, I'm so lucky and blessed that you are a part of my life. I am so grateful for the example you are, especially to my boys. I love you and my boys practically worship the ground you walk on! Thanks for always upholding your standards and for making the world a better place!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Kala- What a great post about Gideon, I totally agree, I am amazed at all of his talents and how much work he puts into everything he does. I still remember when he sang David's favorite song in sacrament mtg. and the reason I still remember was because it was beautiful and David even made a comment on how nicely he sang it. What a well rounded nice guy Gideon is!

alyssa said...

I read this to gid and it made his day. Thanks for being such a good sister!!