Monday, December 13, 2010

13th Day of Christmas - Melissa

Introducing...my friend MELISSA

Melissa is another friend that I met during my school days. We went to junior high, high school, and even college together! I remember hanging out with Melissa, but I don't remember when we first became friends! Melissa and I were in different friend circles, because we were involved in different activities, but sometimes our friend circles coincided, and we crossed paths often. She was in the same church stake as me, and I remember hanging out with her at different stake young women's activities and at YW camp. In high school, Melissa was in the colorguard that danced on the field during the marching band competitions and shows. One year, I helped carry their banner in parades and helped move their props during competitions, and I remember spending time with her then. I remember being in an after-school, ACT-prep class and I sat right next to her during the course of that class. I remember hanging out with her at parties and dances and school functions. And I remember visiting her while we were at SUU, because she lived in a different dorm than me.

Melissa is an even-tempered, calm person. She is quiet, respecting, and polite. She is very sensible and responsible. She is super smart and wise. She is very religious and she is a faithful daughter of God.

She loves music. She is a very talented musician. She has played in orchestras since junior high. She plays the cello beautifully. I always admire people who can play string and brass instruments. At music concerts in high school, I enjoyed watching the band and orchestra play. And I loved watching her play the large cello. She continues to play in community orchestras, and she's even taught lessons. She just recently finished playing in a performance of "The Messiah". I wish I could've gone! I've been singing some of Handel's songs for weeks, and I've been craving to go to a Messiah sing-along, but there's nothing like that around here.

Melissa is married to Shane, who was one year older than us in school. Shane was in the band, and I remember hanging out with him on several occasions as well. After I was married, I was working at a fabrication company when I was pregnant with my oldest. Shane was also an employee of that company, and I was so glad. There were some questionable characters working there who didn't always treat me properly, but Shane always treated me with courtesy and respect and I appreciated him so much for that! Shane is a good guy, and he is a wonderful husband to Melissa. Together, they have two children.

Melissa is a great mom, and she sacrifices so much for her family. She is patient and loving with her children, and teaches them in righteous ways. She knows what is best for her children, and she puts them first in her life.

She works as a surgical tech, and she loves her job, and I know she's good at it, too. She is professional and dependable and is a hard worker. She loves learning and she is excited to learn and try new things.

Melissa, thank you for being my friend! Thanks for blogging; I enjoy reading about what's going on in your life, and I appreciate your occasional comments on my blog, too. I'm always glad to know when others have read what I've written! I'm so glad that we are friends!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Melissa is a great person too! Wow! Heather, Melissa, Holly... I am surprised we know so many of the same people. You (we) have great friends!

Marsha said...

PS- I think you idea to spotlight your friends this way is so neat! And to blog about it means you will have a record to remember them forever. Great idea!

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for you kind words Kala! :) You definitely made my day!