Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Priorities, People!

Last night at Family Home Evening, we talked about gratitude. During the lesson, we asked the boys what they were grateful for. This is pretty much how the conversation went after the question was asked...


JONAH: "I'm grateful for this house"

MICAH: "I'm grateful for pets"

AMMON: "I'm grateful for our family, and for this house, and for clothes, and for food and water. Because of all these things, I'm taken care of"

MOM: "I love those answers! Those are all great things to be thankful for! What do you think Kanyon is thankful for?

DAD: "sippies of milk and binkies"

KANYON: (who was pretending to be sleeping) {giggle giggle}

MOM: And what do you think mom is thankful for?"

JONAH: "your camera"

AMMON: "your laptop"

DAD: {snicker, snicker}

MOM: "ummmmm, okay. And what do you think dad is thankful for?"

AMMON: "TV"

JONAH: "Clothes"

MICAH: "his golf clubs"

MOM: {snicker, snicker}

MOM: "Dad, what ARE you grateful for?"

DAD: "well, all those were things that I'm grateful for, but I'm also very grateful for a job that I like that provides for my family."

MOM: "I'm also grateful for Dad's job that allows us to live here, for this new house that we live in, for 4 healthy boys that I love, for the opportunity to make food for my family, and....for my laptop so that I can communicate with so many of my friends!"


P.S. Isn't it funny what kids think their parents' priorities are?!! SOOO glad we could let them know what our REAL priorities are, what we are MOST thankful for: to be parents, to raise our sons in a loving family, to teach them about gospel truths, for Josh's job that he loves that provides for our needs, for the opportunity to live in Salmon in a home that we love, and for having family and friends who support us and love us and help us aong the path of life. For these things, and so much more (as in TV's and laptops--wink wink), we are truly thankful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Thanks for sharing.
Tiffany