Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fan of the Funky Factor

Josh and I both love things that are "different".

Josh is a fan of anything colorfully-loud: bright and bold clothing, mismatched patterns, out-of-the-ordinary designs. But, in contrast, he is a very quiet and reserved person.

I, on the other hand, like simple clothing with plain designs, monochromatic colors, and coordinated accessories. In contrast, I'm very outgoing and outspoken and I'm a fan of anything that's different personality-wise: bold statements, strange quirks, individual uniqueness.

But, we both are fans of one common thing: Funky Pumpkins! It was fun to peruse our pumpkin patch to find the funkiest ones! Apparently, everyone else likes funky ones too, because we sold all of the following "different" ones except for two that I took!


A WHITE pumpkin is definitely considered funky and abnormal! The Luminas were a HUGE hit this year! We sold out of them by the end of the first sale day!
This was the SIAMESE-TWIN pumpkin, with two complete sides and conjoined in the center:
This was the PEAR pumpkin. This is always Josh's favorite kind. Last year, we had two. This year, there was just the one:
This was the GREEN pumpkin, nicknamed the "CINDERELLA" pumpkin by Aunt Janet who bought it from us. Its smooth, dark green complexion was truly gorgeous and set it apart from all the other orange ones!
This was the TALL & SKINNY Pumpkin. It's another one of Josh's favorite kinds. There's usually just a handful of these each year, and they always sell quickly!
This was the BUSTLE pumpkin. Can you see the bustle attached to its backside?!

This was the BIG-NOSE pumpkin! I told the boys to find the pumpkin in the patch that had a protruding nose like dad's, and they found it! It's difficult to see in this photo just how much the nose stuck out. I was in love with this pumpkin!
This was a BUMPY pumpkin. There were two like this, with those strange pointy bumps. I was especially fond of this one, and I took it to keep for myself!
This was the BUTT pumpkin. I kept this one, too. It was too cute not to keep! It's the pumpkin I chose to carve this year, because I got to do something unique with it!
There were several pumpkins with cool VEIN designs. Some of the customers really had an eye for awesome vein patterns. This particular one was picked by my sister-in-law Alyssa.
What kind of pumpkin is YOUR favorite?

No comments: