Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall 2010 Top 10

Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love everything about it! I'm sad to see it go, and I can't believe it's ending--even though it felt like it lasted forever this year, and I've been so glad! Change is good, though. The snow has brought me much anticipation for winter this year, and I've already made a Winter 2010 Top 10 list--which is a first (I've only ever done my Top 10 lists for spring, summer, and fall)! But before I announce that list, I'm retiring the Fall 2010 Top Ten list with the summary below. Farewell, my dear friend Fall.

1. See the leaves change colors & play in the fallen leaves
The colors of the leaves were SO gorgeous this year!!!

2. Go camping at Painted Rocks
This was our last camping trip of the season, and our first time going to that Montana State Park.
3. Party for Jonah and Micah's birthday
This was the first year they got to have a friends party, and they loved it!
4. Watch Ammon's football games
This was the first year Ammon could play, and he enjoyed playing, so I'm sure there's many more years to come!
5. Sell pumpkins from our patch
Sales were up from last year, and the hay-bale maze addition was so much fun!
6. Carve jack-o-lanterns
Carving pumpkins makes me happy!
7. Wear Halloween costumes and go trick-or-treating
3 days of costume wearing and 3 times trick-or-treating (church, businesses, friends) equals a LOT of candy!!!
8. Burn the giant burn pile
We do this each fall, and it's always fun to light and watch it burn away!


9. Celebrate Josh's birthday
We gave him a gnome, summer sausage, and chocolate. I took him on a dinner date, and we went to the hot springs with some friends. The next day I made him pumpkin cheesecake, and we invited more friends over to join us for cheesecake and games! It was a happy birthday, indeed!
10. Eat Thanksgiving dinner
This year, we feasted with the Perkins family in Tremonton, and we had an absolutely wonderful time! More to come about it later...

No comments: