Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1st Day of Christmas - Jackie

Introducing...my friend JACKIE!

Don't you think Jackie has such a gorgeous smile?! She is so photogenic! I have always thought Jackie was blessed with an absolutely beautiful face! Her brilliant smile truly lights a room! But, what's really awesome about Jackie is that her personality is even more attractive! She is truly beautiful, both inside and out.

I've known Jackie since I was in high school. She is 3 years younger than me--she was actually in my younger sister's graduating class, and her and Tawna were friends years before the two of us became friends! Because our high school only has 3 grades in it, I was never actually in high school with Jackie. I don't even remember when we first became friends! I remember going on bike rides with her, I remember having her over for a sleepover when I was a teenager, and I remember having good long talks with her. I don't know how we became friends, but I'm glad that we are. Jackie has touched my life in a positive way, and whenever I think of her, I smile.

Jackie is the youngest in a family of 7 children. She may be the baby, but you would never know it, because she doesn't act like it. She is so mature and so responsible, and she has always been wise beyond her years. She is married now and is the mother of three adorable boys. Her family is her life. She is giving and caring, thoughtful and loving. She is a terrific mother, and she unselfishly sacrifices so much for them.

Jackie has a pure heart. She never speaks negatively of others, and she can see the good in everyone. She has an attractive spirit, and she brings happiness and joy to her family, as well as those around her. I admire her qualities so much.

She is incredibly talented as well, and has been gifted with an amazing voice. I remember hearing her; when she sings, her crystal clear voice sounds like that of an angel. She loves music, and has a passion for it. She has been given the opportunity to sing and perform with Lex De Azavedo's Millenium Choir this coming year. I was so excited for her when I found that out!!

It's been at least 10 years since I've seen Jackie. I'm grateful for blogging to reconnect with those who I've lost touch with over the years, and that includes Jackie. I enjoy reading her delightful blog, and I love her insight to her family's life (I would link you to it, but it's private).

Jackie, I treasure my friendship with you. Many years ago, you were God's answer to one of my prayers. And for that, I will always love you. Thank you for being my friend!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Kala, you are an angel! I just can't even tell you how much that means to me that you would say all of those things. You are so sweet. Of course you made my day. You are such a wonderful person & I hope that someday I can be as good as you are. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to make mine better. I'm so glad that we are friends. :)