Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seven

Jonah and Micah celebrated their birthday on September 22nd. This year, they turned Lucky #7!!!

I took desserts to school to share with their class in honor of their special day. I let them choose whatever they wanted me to bring: Jonah picked brownies and Micah picked chocolate chip cookies:
For dinner, we ate their favorite meal. I let them choose what they wanted to eat: Jonah picked spaghetti and Micah picked corn on the cob. Thankfully, those two food items go together quite nicely:
For dessert, we ate their favorite desserts again as a family, and Grandma and Grandpa T. joined us! We sang happy birthday to Jonah and Micah and then we ate yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies and brownies with vanilla ice cream & chocolate syrup:
Jonah and Micah opened their presents from us and Grandma P. and Grandma T. They had been looking forward to opening their gifts for weeks, and were SO excited when they saw how many they had!
Opening the gifts was fast, furious, and fun! They went through those gifts so quickly; it looked like a tornado had ripped through the room by the time all the opening was done!
Jonah and Micah loved their gifts! They had asked for new camping chairs, new wii remotes, remote control trucks, and some Star Wars figurines. They were lucky boys--they got everything they wanted (except the Star Wars figures) and lots more!!! Thanks for the gifts, Grandma P. and Grandma T.!!
Kanyon thinks he's their twin, and he said it was his "boasday" and that he was turning "seben" too. I foresaw this happening, so I got him one small gift that he got to open as well:
Jonah and Micah think that Ammon gets more mail than them, and they had been anticipating their approaching birthday, because they were hoping that they would finally get some mail, too. And they did! A BIG thanks to our far-away family for sending them cards!! They were so happy each time they discovered they had received some mail!!
Seven great things about Jonah:
1. He is very caring and compassionate
2. He is conceptually super smart
3. He has many friends
4. He has a great laugh
5. He is silly
6. He's a good helper
7. He is so nice about sharing

Seven great things about Micah:
1. He is independent
2. He learns very quickly
3. He is competitive
4. He has a great smile
5. He is funny
6. He is a super reader
7. He's good at playing pretend

{I sure love you boys! I never imagined I would be a mother of identical twin boys, but now I can't imagine life without you! You make our family complete! Seven is my favorite number, and I think you're so lucky to be the age of seven this whole year! Happy Seventh Birthday, Jonah and Micah!}

4 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Well it definetly looks like they got all they wanted. We still would like to send something up. Ideas please? Boys throw me way off.

darcymae said...

dude, how cute is kanyon thinking it was his "boasday" too!!

darcymae said...

oh, and ps. i am super jealous that you get to bring homemade treats to their school. we have to bring boring store bought stuff and it makes me sad.

Tawna said...

I need to send cards, I'm so sorry. I should have thought of that...I'm going to be pretty poor for the birthdays this year, but I want to get them things at Christmas. Love you Micah and Jonah!