Monday, October 18, 2010

1 or 2 ???

I love taking photos.
I love editing photos.

Sometimes while I'm editing, I have a hard time choosing between similar photos which one is the best to keep (there's no point in keeping thousands of similar photos on my hard-drive).

So, I play a little "game" with my family.

It's called "CHOOSE Which One You Like Best".

Then I'll show them the two photos I'm undecided on at the time and make them pick. I'll say "One (show them the picture) OR Two (and show them the next picture)". I'll go back and forth, showing the two photos over and over, and repeating "One or Two" until they make a choice!

I've asked them to play it so much, that they all cringe when I ask them now to play the game with me, but I must admit they're all getting faster and better at making photo choices! I think it's fun, but unfortunately I don't think any of them are very fond of it!

Sooooo, I was wondering... Could you do me a favor and play along with me?

I took some photos of our family at the first of October (set the camera on a tripod, arranged the family, set the timer, and ran to get in the photo). I have a few favorites from the session, but because of some different editing choices, I'm having a hard time picking which ones are the best. Would you please tell me which of the following you like better?!!!


PHOTO A

1 (green tones) : or 2 (red tones) :

PHOTO B

1 (vertical crop) : or 2 (horizontal crop) :

PHOTO C

1 (eyes down) :
or 2 (eyes up) :

Thank You for helping me!!!! :)

15 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

1,1,2! What happens if people make different choices? They all look fabulous! Great work. Photography runs in your family.

Eve said...

Red, Depends on the frame and what wall you want it on, and down just because it's different and they're squinting looking up anyway--(although the smiles are awesome.)

Jackie said...

A-2
B-1
c-2

Tiffany said...

A - red tones
B - vertical
C - eyes down
I didn't know you took your family photos! I was going to ask who your photographer was. Good job!

alyssa said...

I'm lovin the green tones. You should desaturate a little and change the hue to give it a vintage feel.

Definitely do a horizontal crop. It's more flattering to your family and to the scenery.

And faces up up up! We need to see those beautiful boys' faces.

Loved this post.
Loved these pictures.
Love you.

Gina said...

green tones
vertical
eyes down

fun pictures!

darcymae said...

2 (everyones faces seem too dark in the first one), 2 (horizontal definitely. the beautiful scenery behind you necessitates it) and 2 (because their faces are so cute!)

Holly said...

Photo A: 2. The warm red tones look great...I also echo someone else's comment to antique it a bit...it would look great.

Photo B: 1. Vertical crop...definitely.

Photo C: 1. Eyes down. It's a unique pose.

Melissa said...

A- 2 red tones because it looks warmer

B- 2 horizontal because it evens out the picture and looks more balanced

C- 1 because it is different and looks cute

Chainsaw said...

2,1,1.

Sunshine said...

2,2,2. Cute pictures!

TheFoxs said...

i love a1 b2 and c1

Angie Ochoa said...

Hello, I just stumbled upon your blog, so I hope you don't mind my two cents worth.

Photo A -- I pick #2, because the tones seem warmer.

Photo B -- I pick #1, because in the 2nd photo, everyone looks too "cut off". I like the look of the portrait style photo (#1).

Photo C -- I pick #1. I like the faces of the boys looking down. They are shaded a bit, and in the second photo, the sunlight seems a little harsh.

Have a blessed day!

MikeS said...

2
1
2

Candise said...

I'm totally late...but wanted to add my two cents!

A-2 Reds, much better with faces
B-1 Love the vertical, grass is fun!
C-1 I love them looking down, especially if used along with a photos of them looking at the camera. If used alone on a card, etc. I would say looking up, but I really enjoyed the down too!