Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bucket List: Item #6

At the end of August & the beginning of September, I read this fabulous book:

Then last week, I watched the movie in the theater with 8 friends. And I'm going to see it in the theater again tonight with another friend. The movie was great--Julia Roberts was phenomenal and the places filmed were SO gorgeous, but the book was even better. I enjoyed the book so much!! It's now on my "favorite books of all time" list. The book recounts a woman's soul-search over a year of travels to Italy, India, and Bali Indonesia. In Italy, she discovers pleasure. In India, she discovers peace. In Bali, she finds balance and love. The story is truly inspiring. I recommend any woman who has struggles of any kind to read it. This book was such a good read, and really helped me through some difficult feelings.

After reading the book and watching the movie, I want to go to Italy more than ever.

I want to see the sights. I want to eat the food. I want to be around the people. I just want to go there. And very badly, too!!! I've already started a savings account for it, and I've convinced a friend of mine to go along with me. The goal is Italy 2012.
BUCKET LIST ITEM #6: Take a trip to Italy with my good friend Jander!!!

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Sounds exciting. I want you to get there!

Amy - said...

I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Italy! I think it was my favorite place to go visit! You definitely have to go. We went to Florence and Rome! AMAZING!!