Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Alone

I've been feeling alone lately.

Alone in my thoughts.

Alone in my feelings

All Alone inside myself.

I've created a barrier around me, a safe-box that protects me from feeling hurt.

And in doing so, I've closed off my good self outlets and locked myself in with my crazy self.

I don't particularly enjoy being alone with my crazy self.

Somehow, my crazy self always wins the mental competition against my good self.

I need to escape the safe-box I've created around me.

I want to break free, but I think I have lost my reaching-out abilities.

That, and I'm afraid of being deeply hurt. Again.

I need a little push. Or perhaps a big shove. Maybe even a slap in the face.

I'm ready.

I don't wanna be all by myself anymore.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I have been in my alone box too.

And, I am ready to break it into smithereens!

Holly said...

Sorry you're feeling alone. Hope it gets better soon. :)

alyssa said...

I hate those days. Remember how much your family loves you, and keep in mind that GLEE is coming back soon! :)

Nancy said...

I admire your courage to share how you feel. I wish you didn't have to feel that way.

Tawna said...

What or who are you afraid of being hurt by? I tell you what, I am the definition of alone, and most of the time I really really enjoy it but there are times, especially as of late, where it's getting harder and harder because I'm getting increasingly more independent and isolated in my thoughts. I've been blessed with so many incredible people, and a talent to reach out and love those around me. But I feel like very very few truly know me. But that's ok-it's what I give to people, they can't help it. It's good to be honest with ourselves and ask ourselves questions. Just remember-enjoy the questions, don't worry about the answers, and be your own best friend. Never, ever put yourself down!!