Monday, August 2, 2010

cinderella sandals

I have a hard time spending money on myself. I wish I didn't...but, when the money is tight, I put my family's needs ahead of mine. Because of this, there are certain items that I very rarely buy for myself.

One of those items is new shoes.

I usually buy shoes for myself at D.I., I've gotten some at the annual church clothing swap, and I've received shoes that have been handed down to me. I've had shoes gifted to me by my husband, and one time my sister-in-law Jen worked at a shoe store and she gave me a nice pair for my birthday.

Last year, my younger sister Tabbi was working in Taiwan for 6 months, and she got a pair of sandals from there and sent them to one of my other sisters. I coveted those sandals from the moment I saw a photo of her wearing them on facebook. I wanted a pair of sandals like that SO bad! So, I kind of grovelled and asked Tabbi if she could get some for me, too. For Christmas, there was a box under the tree from Tabbi to me, and I opened it to discover these:

They were so beautiful and I fell in love with them at first sight! I tried them on and they were a perfect fit! Of course, I couldn't wear them in the winter months due to the snow, but at the first sign of spring, I put them on and I've worn them almost every day ever since.

Thank you Tabbi for the wonderful gift! I love looking at my feet when I'm wearing them...they make my feet feel pretty, my legs feel sexy, and my brain tells me I'm more beautiful when I'm wearing them. For months, I've been hoping somebody would say to me "Oooh, I love those sandals" just so I could tell them that they came all the way from Taiwan! But, alas, nobody's ever said anything about them when I've worn them. No matter; I still love them even if nobody else thinks they are as wonderful as I do! They're magical in a way--they have a Cinderella effect on me!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh they are super cute!!! What a sweet sister, you totally deserve those babies!

Tabbi said...

Oh my goodness. I am feeling so guilty right now. Sandals in Taiwan were $3-5, If I knew you'd love them I would've brought back several pairs. I'm glad you like them. Remind me...what size of shoes do you wear?

Miss Heather said...

Those ARE super cute!! I really like them... and I wear sandals in the winter, in the snow... I love sandals! :) Yeah, what size shoe do you wear? I have tons of cute shoes I've been thinking of giving away...