Monday, June 28, 2010

Field Trip 1

One of the things I appreciate most about being a stay-home mom is the ability I have to volunteer in the school. I remember what it felt like when I worked and I couldn't. I truly enjoy spending time in my children's classrooms throughout the school year, and this year I was also able to accompany the boys on some of their school field trips.

When the kindergarten class went to Geertson Creek Petting Zoo in May, I tagged along. I drove my car and followed the bus so that I could bring Kanyon, too. The Petting Zoo was so fun! There were lots of different little animals: a miniature horse, a calf, several mom and baby goats, several mom and baby ducks, a goose, a pot-bellied pig, a miniature pig, chickens, rabbits, and two hamsters. We spent 3 hours there! The weather was warm and sunny and beautiful, and the special visors that the students made in school just for the occasion were perfect to shade their little faces! The kids loved being around the animals and running around the farm! I am so glad I could go and be part of their fun field trip!

The children got to feed the animals and were able to hold several of them. My boys' favorite animals to feed and hold were the ducks and goats:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! I want to go!
--Tiffany